CONCORD is the European confederation of Relief and Development NGOs. It is made up of member organisations: 28 national associations, 23 international networks and 4 associate members that represent more than 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe. It is the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy. CONCORD is a not for profit organisation, registered under Belgian law as an a.i.s.b.l – Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif – (An international not for profit association).
CONCORD aims to strengthen the impact of European development NGOs vis-à-vis the European Institutions and to positively influence the European Development policies for a fair, just and sustainable world.
The Director of CONCORD leads a team of excellent staff that, on various issues, is tasked to influence the European Union. The successful candidate will be the leader of the widest network of NGOs in Europe, bringing the skills to manage CONCORD Secretariat, as well as to prepare and lead high level discussions with the Board and General Assembly.
The ideal person would bring his/her own wide network and NGO experience, moreover he/she would forge together the knowledge of the CONCORD network members and lead the debates in which clear opinions and positions are formed, as well as guide the focus for the staff and individual members.
- Strongly committed to civil society as a collective force for positive change, with understanding of what makes civil society organisations legitimate and effective
- Experienced at navigating the complex architecture of the EU and positive about the opportunities for furthering the aims of CONCORD’s Members within Europe
- A successful manager of people and financial resources, with a strong track record of giving leadership and direction and ensuring the team functions effectively
- Someone who knows when to foster the leadership of Members and when to take the lead
- Have a deep understanding of the third sector / civil society sector across different contexts, and a clear strategic vision for how the sector can play its most effective role in different societies in changing times
- Experienced at organisational representation at a high and multi-lateral level
- A skilled communicator, negotiator, and influencer, able to respect and where possible resolve differences, and to drive consensus among the membership where it is necessary to maximise impact
- A mediator and networker, able to build coalitions within and between the membership, and with political groupings, national / multi-national bodies and governments
- Able to develop and gain acceptance for policy analysis and recommendations
- Absolute fluency in written and spoken English and with a good working knowledge of at least one other language
- An EU citizen or with existing eligibility to live and work in the EU
Interested in this role? Go to the advert on our website for more information and to apply http://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/director/