Director of Administration and Finance, Afghanistan Urban Water and Sanitation Activity
Tetra Tech is seeking a Director of Administration and Finance to lead an anticipated five year USAID/Afghanistan Urban Water and Sanitation Activity. The Activity will increase access to urban water and sanitation services for residents in six Afghan cities serviced by the Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporation (AUWSSC) and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA). The Activity will also provide capacity building and technical assistance to AUWSSC at their Kabul headquarters and sub-offices.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP), the Director of Administration and Finance will be responsible for the Activity’s financial management, human resources, procurement, and administration while ensuring compliance with USAID and GIRoA rules and regulations. The Director of Administration and Finance will also ensure compliance with Tetra Tech’s internal policies and procedures and coordinate closely with the home office contracting, grants and procurement representative related to the Activity. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Kabul, Afghanistan for five years.
- Manage Financial Accounting System including managing cash flow, tracking expenditures and preparing monthly financial reports in compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech requirements and regulations;
- Provide guidance and organize training, as necessary, for Activity staff on relevant USAID, Tetra Tech and GIRoA rules and regulations;
- Supervise and ensure the integrity of project procurement of goods and consulting services, including drafting RFPs, analyzing proposals, drafting contracts, negotiating contracts and prices, reviewing contractual deliverables for quality and preparing the required documentation;
- Ensure grants under contract comply with relevant USAID and Tetra Tech rules and regulations;
- Oversee human resources management activities, including local employment contracts, periodic employee evaluations, employee benefits, record-keeping and liaising with GIRoA labor authorities as required;
- Manage confidential payment of monthly payroll and order payments of withholdings, pension contributions, and health and unemployment benefits.
- University degree or higher in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or another relevant degree;
- Minimum of five years of experience leading financial and administration tasks for large ($30M+) USAID programs;
- Demonstrated experience across all relevant administrative requirements, including finance, accounting, payroll, procurement, human resources, and logistics;
- Experience supervising multiple program offices simultaneously either regionally or within a single country;
- Grants management experience is highly desired;
- Experience working in a post-conflict environment; Afghanistan experience preferred.
- Professional Fluency in English required; proficiency in Pashto or Dari is preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Apply here: http://bit.ly/2rSEpRr
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.