About Generations for Peace
Generations For Peace is a leading global non-profit peace-building organisation with its headquarters in Amman, Jordan. They are dedicated to sustainable conflict transformation at the grass roots in communities, by promoting youth leadership, community empowerment, active tolerance, and responsible citizenship. They are a volunteer movement, empowering, mentoring and supporting volunteers to be change-makers to create a better future in their own communities.
Since 2007, Generations For Peace have trained and mentored more than 10,689 volunteer leaders of youth in 50 countries in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Europe. Their ongoing programmes address local issues of conflict and violence, and have touched the lives of more than 479,817 children, youth and adults. They use sport as an entry point to engage with youth, and their carefully-facilitated sport-based games provide a vehicle for integrated education and behaviour change. Generations For Peace is the only peace-through-sport organisation officially recognised by the International Olympic Committee. In addition to our sport-based approaches, we have also developed arts, advocacy, dialogue, and empowerment activities to support conflict transformation with children, youth, and adults in different contexts.
This is a new position within GFP’s organisational structure. Since the current CEO joined GFP in January 2011, the headquarters staff have increased from 7 to 57 staff, and the scope, volume and complexity of GFP’s operations have grown significantly. In GFP’s organisational evolution, it is now time to delegate more of the CEO’s workload to a suitably energetic and experienced female or male Executive Assistant who can demonstrate intuitive fluency in providing support to maximise the CEO’s productivity, attention to detail and timely execution, and the passion and commitment to be a key contributor to the next chapter of GFP’s growth and impact
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the CEO and the role’s purpose is to support the CEO, leading on tasks delegated by the CEO so as to maximise productivity and free-up the CEO’s time and energy to focus on more strategic level priorities.
- Passion for GFP’s mission.
- Passion for organisational capacity development, systems and process, compliance and attention to detail.
- Commitment to be a key contributor to the next chapter of GFP’s growth and impact.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience.
- Experience in office management and administration.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to anticipate, improvise, and adapt for optimal resolutions.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and deadlines, and to work under pressure whilst maintaining maintain professional demeanor and composure.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with diplomacy and absolute discretion.
- Excellent computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/calendars/email).
- Excellent spoken and written English (highly-educated, native speaker fluency or equivalent), including written programme plans and reports.
- Experience of thriving in a multi-cultural team.
University Bachelor’s Degree essential.
Interested in this role?
Closing date: 6th August
Location: Amman, Jordan
To find out more information and to apply: http://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/executive-assistant/