Expressions of Interest – Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist / Services
Australia Awards – Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and PNG. It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia, and the provision of in-PNG scholarships.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program fosters people-to-people links between Australia and PNG and ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from remote locations. The Awards program focuses on supporting alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
Australia Awards – PNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study primarily postgraduate courses in Australia;
- Australia Awards Short Courses for Papua New Guineans to undertake study in Australia and receive an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, there are currently four activity streams: 1) Australia Awards; 2) PNG and Pacific Awards; 3) Alumni Engagement; and 4) Professional Development and Partnerships. Australia Awards – PNG is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
The Position / Services
Australia Awards in PNG is seeking to recruit an individual GEDSI specialist, team of specialists or GEDSI organisation to provide ongoing leadership, high-level technical advice and support relating to best practice principles and strategies in order to achieve a gender equitable and social inclusive scholarship program. The Specialist/s or organisation will also provide guidance and input in the design, implementation and reporting of AAPNG activities from a GEDSI perspective.
The specialist or organisation must be located in PNG and/or have at least one team member located in PNG and/or be able to travel regularly to PNG to provide 90% of the inputs from the Program office in Port Moresby.
The Person / Organisation
- Demonstrated practical experience in implementing Gender and Social Inclusion initiatives in Papua New Guinea is essential
- Demonstrated experience facilitating training and workshops and mentoring staff is essential
- Knowledge of current international thinking on gender and cross cutting development issues is essential.
- Demonstrated experience leading and driving organisational change related to gender is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian Government Aid Program and DFAT’s Gender Policy, Disability Policy and other related policies is desirable.
The individual, or organisation must demonstrate experience and knowledge either individually or combined experience in the development and implementation of Gender and Social Inclusion related policies and programs in a developing country. Candidates will demonstrate significant experience in facilitating training and workshops and mentoring staff while delivering outputs within the agreed timeframe.
Together with a sound understanding of the current DFAT Gender and other related policies and the broader PNG Gender context you will demonstrate previous experience in leading and driving organisational change related to gender.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 495796.
Further enquiries can be directed to email@example.com quoting the job reference 495796.
Applications close: 5.00pm (PNG time) 22nd January 2018.