We are recruiting a new Finance Manager for our Iraq programme. In response to the current crisis in northern Iraq WCUK is implementing protection and education programmes to meet the needs of refugee and IDP children.
You will ensure excellence in financial management, reporting and planning. You will work closely with the rest of the Senior Management Team (SMT) to ensure sound implementation of all programmes and compliance with international, national, and WCUK standards on financial management. You will ensure adherence to WCUK financial Management policies, practices, and procedures.
1.1 Financial Management & Administration
- Lead on all financial management, reporting and planning across the Iraq programme;
- Advise and support the CD in designing and implementing appropriate financial controls and budget management mechanisms, including tools for tracking and analysing spending across multiple grants;
- Ensure compliance and timeliness of financial reports for WCUK and donors;
- Lead on financial risk and coverage analysis to inform strategic decision making;
- Monitor and coordinate compliance with financial policies, procedures and practices in all WCUK Iraq bases;
- Timely development of Iraq monthly financial reports and budget versus actual (BVA) analysis for SMT and programme teams joint review;
- Management of WCUK cash flow and bank accounts in Iraq including: deposits; online processing; withdrawals; and bank reconciliations;
- Lead on budget development and financial aspects of project design;
- Lead on all financial reporting for WCUK, donors, and auditors.
- Manage all audit processes, including statutory, donor, internal;
- Ensure War Child remains compliant with all in-country regulations.
1.2 Capacity building staff & local partners
- Build capacity of the support staff in the country office through on-the-job training, mentoring, coaching as well as trainings and workshops;
- Indicate training needs and advise managers on possible trainings for the support staff;
- Contribute to the designing and implementation of capacity building initiatives for WCUK partners as part of organisational development commitments;
- Build capacity of local partners in finance/logistics
1.3 Management of staff
- Supervise all finance staff in Iraq, including all HR requirements, regular team meetings, oneto-one meetings, etc.
- Lead on development plans for all finance staff in Iraq and actively develop best practices in all bases through training; coaching and mentoring;
- Line manage the finance team in Erbil. Provide technical oversight and joint management of field finance staff alongside Area Programme Managers.
- Advise and support the CD on the above subjects.
- Update relevant support team members at HQ about developments in Finance