Financial Strategy and Risk Management Manager
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a driven individual with a recognised accountancy qualification, with considerable experience in financial modelling, financial analysis and management, accounting and reporting, and with the ability to provide high level advice on these topics in an international context.
Success however will not just depend on the technical skills - in a complex and dynamic environment like Oxfam, you will need excellent leadership, interpersonal, negotiating, and communication skills, and the ability to work in multi-cultural teams and environments to deliver a strong management, coaching, and team building approach.
In this position you will be a lead business partner for the International Programme Team (IPT). You will play a key role in implementing the financial strategy of OxfamGB (OGB) and will also support the implementation of OGB’s programmatic strategy by enabling the operational environment to achieve our mission.
The role will work closely with senior managers across the Organization, advising them and communicating high level financial information. You will lead the design and global delivery of the Cost Recovery Project. This will require quality financial reporting – designing and interpreting fit for purpose reports and making recommendations – and high level analysis and modelling. Likewise, you will play a key role on planning-tactics, generating procedures for the organisation/division. You will also continuously interact with affiliates across the Confederation and support our transformation into One Oxfam.
In this function you will also bear the responsibility for performance and service standards, recruitment and resourcing.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Very strong financial analysis skills and experience of implementing forecasting models and tools.
- Strong stakeholder management skills: ability to understand the multiple stakeholder context in which Oxfam works. Comfortable operating in multiple and diverse teams. Adept at situational leadership, uses convening and facilitation skills to deliver outcomes of benefit to Oxfam.
- Works collaboratively as part of a leadership team.
- Influencing: ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact; to spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities have the ability to create them. Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong self confidence, self awareness and humility necessary to successfully generate trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent communication, listening and influencing skills.
- A high level of energy, stamina and flexibility. Have the ability to manage ambiguity and anticipate change when dealing with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways. Ability to adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow through.
- Systems thinking: experience of viewing problems as part of an overall system, rather than reacting to a specific part; and evidence of managing unintended consequences of decisions
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills. Use a strategic lead and financial acumen to steer and direct vision, for the finance teams with which the role interacts.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.