Head of Communications and External Affairs
Reall aims to transform the affordable homes market of the Global South by providing market-driven housing provision for low-income people.
In developing cities across the world over 140 million people pay $100-$350 per month to live in informal settlements that are unplanned, unregulated, unmanaged, have no security of tenure, representation or access to basic services. These numbers are swelling as an increasing influx of people relocate to urban centres in search of jobs and better prospects.
3.5 billion people, over half the world, already live in urban settings. By 2050 this is projected to be over 6 billion people. The Global South’s burgeoning urban centres are not equipped to deal with this housing demand. Reall is one of very few actors taking on the challenge of affordable urban housing.
Reall has been operating in the affordable housing sector since the 1980s when it was established as Homeless International (HI), a grant-giving NGO and one of the only organisations working to alleviate global housing poverty.
To plan, develop, implement and manage an integrated communications strategy to support Reall’s vision to transform the affordable homes market.
Key responsibilities include:
- To oversee the development and implementation of the marketing and communications strategy across all platforms including brand marketing, internal communications, media and public relations, marketing, digital and social media and production of materials.
- Lead on copy writing and production of all marketing materials and key publications.
- Provide high quality, relevant information and tools to empower Reall staff to communication confidently and effectively with all stakeholders, boost the organisation’s profile and support fundraising activity.
- Act as a ‘brand guardian’ ensuring brand guidelines are up to date and there is consistency across all internal and external communications.
- Take responsibility for the development and management of the Reall website and social media accounts, including generating content, making improvements to functionality, maximising its potential and monitoring its performance.
Interested in this role? Click on the link for more information and to apply http://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/head-of-communications-and-external-affairs/