Head of Programme Delivery
Oxford HR has been retained as an executive search consultancy to assist Mary’s Meals in their search for a new Head of Programme Delivery based in Liberia. The successful candidate will have senior experience in delivering large and complex programmes to high standards and experience leading and developing high performing teams. S/he will be pragmatic, a champion for change, and will have the ability to work at every level to ensure that key deliverables are met.
Mary’s Meals’ vision is that every child receives one daily meal in their place of education and that all those who have more than they need, share with those who lack even the most basic things.
Mary’s Meals’ mission is to enable people to offer their money, goods, skills, time, or prayer, and through this involvement, provide the most effective help to those suffering the effects of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest communities.
Mary’s Meals Liberia delivers school feeding to more than 126,000 children in 513 schools in five counties of Liberia: Grand Cape Mount; Bomi; Gbarpolu and Montsearrado. Collaboration between the Mary’s Meals team in Liberia and the schools and communities is essential to the success of the programme. Mary’s Meals Liberia also runs the Oscar Romero School for the deaf in Tubmanburg.
The Head of Programme Delivery is accountable for delivering the school feeding programme in Liberia to the highest standards in line with the Mary’s Meals school feeding model which emphasizes robust systems, controls and process.The Head of Programme Delivery will work closely with the Country Director and the management team and will provide effective and inspirational leadership to the Mary’s Meals Liberia Programmes Team.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies, policies, procedures and projects and translating into action
- Ability to see stakeholders and priorities clearly
- Experience helping others to work in ways that have the greatest impact
- Understanding of international development principles and the place of school feeding in development
- Developing and leading high performing teams
- Track record of successfully managing change
- Experience working in an international environment
- A proven track record of successfully delivering complex programmes to high standards
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven track record of capacity building and leading a diverse team
- Experience of developing and implementing internal control systems
- Ability to keep up to date with any changes in the skills and knowledge needed for the role
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver results
- Excellent communication/mentoring Skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and develop clear plans
- Ability to make decisions and deliver results
- Solutions orientated with strong influencing skills
- Ability to pull together a variety of ideas into easily understood documents highlighting key points and messages
- Demonstrates good stewardship of resources
- Demonstrable analytical and conceptual skills
- A strong vocational attitude
- Cultural sensitivity with an ability to work well with a wide range of people
How to Apply
All correspondence, at this stage, should be via Oxford HR. To apply for this role, please find the role on OxfordHR website, click on the “Apply” button and complete the online application form, attaching an up-to-date CV.