Health Services Planning Adviser
- Opportunity for a health services planning specialist to contribute to strengthening the public health sector in Fiji
- Full time, 12 month contract (long term)
- Based in Suva, Fiji but working across various locations in Fiji
- Preferred start date in April 2018
The Australian Government has established the Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) to implement its education, health and scholarship aid programs in Fiji and its scholarship program in Tuvalu. The Facility will also support the delivery of Australia’s emergency response efforts following natural disasters, and governance sector support when requested by the Fiji Government.
Support to Fiji’s health sector is a key component of the Facility. The focus of the support is on strengthening health service delivery as well as health systems strengthening, in particular financial planning, policy and management.
Coffey, through the Facility, is seeking applications for a Health Services Planning Adviser to contribute to the health program’s goals.
The Health Services Planning Adviser will work collaboratively with colleagues in the Ministry of Health and Medical Services to review and strengthen existing planning processes for health services across Fiji. Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and preparing improvements to current planning processes for health services and facilities in Fiji, including access to services for marginalised and vulnerable groups;
- Revising and disseminating an updated Role Delineation Model to guide service and facility development
- Collaboratively develop a Health Service Plan for the Suva / Nausori corridor, including facilities, equipment and workforce needs; and
- Collaboratively developing a Clinical Services Plan for the major Hospital Services across Fiji.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Health Management or a related field and will demonstrate considerable experience in health services management and planning, preferably in a developing country context and working with government ministries. Previous experience reviewing or strengthening planning processes for health services, including costing and related workforce planning, will be required for success, as well as proven experience implementing practical and impactful gender equity and social inclusion approaches to health service planning. Experience engaging effectively with multiple stakeholders and mentoring and coaching professional colleagues from different social and cultural backgrounds will be required and experience in Fiji or another developing country is highly desirable.
This position is classified Category C, Level 3 (long term) under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf for further detail on the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 495908
For further enquiries please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) 16 March 2018
This Facility is being administered by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.