HR Officer (temp)
We’re looking for a temporary HR Officer for a minimum period of 6 months with possible extension, covering our UK & International country offices, consisting of approx. 100 staff. You will be responsible to support our dedicated staff in all areas of HR administration, to achieve our mission to protect, educate and stand up for the rights of children caught up in war. You will have already been exposed to a similar role within HR administration, in particular to processing payroll and onboarding new staff. You have meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management, and never get bored with repetitive tasks. You can work in a team environment where you are expected to work collaboratively with your colleagues, share learning, and are equally able to work autonomously. If you share our values and want to commit to a children’s charity that believes children’s lives should not be torn apart by war, we want to hear from you.
Your Role The HR Officer is part of a highly motivated and innovative team to support War Child people in the UK and in our International country offices. As part of this team, you will be working closely with your colleagues to ensure all HR administrative tasks are completed to high standard, to enable our people to achieve War Child strategy. You will also ensure that our processes and procedures are continuously reviewed and improved.
Your responsibilities You will be responsible for our onboarding, payroll, and data management, as well as reporting and making our HR data GDPR compliant.
This also includes HR administrative tasks such as:
- Support the implementation of the HR system
- Recordkeeping and reporting on KPI’s Processing and advising on compensation and benefits
- Collating and storing Achievement & Development plans
- Coordinating travel logistics, including visa applications and pre-departure medical checks
- Onboarding new people and ensuring all pre-employment checks are completed
- Creating employment related documentation
- Engage in and share learning
- Advising on and participating in shaping HR policy and processes,
- Building and maintaining external and internal networks and relationships, and any other responsibilities as required.