Improving Quality in North Western Universities Component Manager
- Based in Hanoi, Vietnam
Aus4Skills reflects the Australian Government’s continuing commitment to support Vietnam’s human resource development (HRD). This commitment is emphasised in the Australia-Vietnam HRD Strategy 2014-2020 and Aus4Skills is the main vehicle to realise the HRD Strategy. Aus4Skills continues to implement the Australia Awards Scholarships and has developed a toolkit to support new non-scholarship HRD components, which comprise the bulk of Aus4Skills activities. One component is ‘Improving the Quality of Universities in the North Western Region’ which addresses the identified problem that universities cannot meet market demand in terms of quality and quantity of education and research in Vietnam and the region.
Working closely with the HRD Adviser under the overall direction of the Program Director, the Manager of the Improving the Quality of Universities in the North Western Region (QUNIS) component will efficiently plan and manage activities in the QUNIS component to ensure that the required outputs are delivered effectively and on time.
Reserved for Vietnamese Citizens
Key duties will include:
- Comprehensive annual planning including identification of QUNIS activities and budgets
- Timely monitoring reports demonstrating effective implementation of component activities
- Accurate financial management and expenditure reporting on each activity
- Comprehensive reports on each activity with lessons learnt and recommendations
- Ensuring that gender equality, disability and social inclusion (GEDSI) considerations are taken into account in all component activities
- Developing and maintaining positive and effective working relationships with all component stakeholders
- Coordinating with the Contracts and Services team to ensure that all subcontracting is run to schedule and monitored accordingly to the needs of QUNIS
We are seeking applicants with post-graduate qualifications from an international institution. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in university or project management, implementing training courses and conducting workshops. Experience in contributing to organisational development and change management is desirable. You will also possess knowledge of the Vietnamese higher education system, an understanding of the Australian Aid program and priorities in Vietnam, as well as an understanding of Vietnam’s development context and priorities. You will also have knowledge of GEDSI principles and practices in development aid. With a strong ethical disposition and excellent interpersonal skills you will also have the ability to maintain initiative and momentum in a complex multi-tasking environment. Excellent presentation, report writing and high level communication skills in both Vietnamese and English are essential.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 495745.
Applications close 5.00pm (Vietnam time) 11 December 2017
For further enquires please contact: email@example.com