UNICEF Moldova is looking for a consultant to analyze capacities of LPAs in implementing the National Youth Strategy at local level and provide recommendations to strengthen relevant capacities of local public authorities.
Purpose: to analyze capacities of LPAs in implementing the National Youth Strategy at local level and provide recommendations to strengthen relevant capacities of local public authorities.
The consultant will analyze the capacity of local public authorities to implement youth policy at local level. The consultant will focus his/her work in five administrative units: Donduseni, Dubasari, Glodeni, Soroca and UTA Gagauzia.
Qualifications and experience:
- Postgraduate diploma or degree in administrative law, sociology, social policy or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the area of adolescent development, adolescent participation and youth policy development and evaluation. Previous engagement in capacity gap analysis;
- Proven experience in working on youth development and/or child rights related policies, programs, and/or guidelines for social sectors and/or programs specifically focusing on strengthening youth policies and capacities of LPAs (attach or refer to samples of docs);
- Proven knowledge of international human and child rights standards (United Nations and European Union standards);
- Experience in working with the Government of Moldova and/or UNICEF or other UN Agencies will be an asset;
- Proven experience in writing qualitative research reports.
- Fluency in Romanian language, possession of Russian language will be asset;
- Professional level of English, with good abilities in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position and read more detailed information, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=506363
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 07 September 2017
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit: http://www.unicef.md/ You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
We would appreciate a wider circulation in order to reach a broader range of interested candidates!