Centre for Research and Education for Social Transformation (CREST)
An autonomous institution under Government of Kerala
KIRTADS Campus, Chevayur, Calicut – 673 017 Kerala India
Tel: (0495) 2355342, 2351496 Fax (0495) 2351496 www.crest.ac.in
Internship opportunity at the Centre for Research & Education for Social Transformation (CREST) Calicut, Kerala, India
Centre for Research & Education for Social Transformation (CREST) is an autonomous institution involved with research and educational programmes that are relevant for the marginalized communities of India. The Centre is taking women interns for a period of 3-4 months.
The interns will be working with a group of 40 graduates from Dalit/Adivasi and minority communities of Kerala who are undergoing Post Graduate Certificate Course for Professional Development at CREST.
Criteria for selection
- Graduate/ Masters students in social science from reputed institutions outside India
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills in English
- Willingness to work as part of a closely integrated team
- Ability to provide small group tutorial
- Involve with the studies on a broad range of issues relevant for the Dalit and Adivasi communities of India
- Understanding on the issues concerning the socially excluded /underprivileged communities in India
The interns are expected to
- Assist in conducting the Post Graduate Certificate Course for Professional Development
- Assist students in group projects
- Provide small group tutorials
- Provide soft skills for the students at CREST
Internships at CREST provide a unique opportunity to outstanding young scholars interested developing communities of India, particularly Kerala. International /local travel expenses should be met by the candidates. The Interns will be based in Calicut, Kerala. Free accommodation can be provided to women interns. CREST will provide Rs. 12000/- ( Approximately 185 USD) towards expenses for food.
Please send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following application materials and include Internship vacancies in the subject line:
- A cover letter
- One references (to be sent directly to Professor. D.D.Nampoothiri , Executive Director, CREST email@example.com )
There is no Application Deadline. We strongly encourage women candidates to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on the internship please contact Vinod Krishnan, Associate Programme Coordinator, CREST at firstname.lastname@example.org