Interpreter and Logistician– Property Rights Program Mid-Term Evaluation
Interpreter and Logistician
USAID/Kosovo – Property Rights Program Mid-Term Evaluation
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
USAID/Kosovo is contracting a mid-term performance evaluation of the four-year Property Rights Program (PRP). The purpose of the evaluation is to:
1) Provide key findings, conclusions and recommendations for the PRP activity;
2) Provide key recommendations for USAID’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and potential future programming in the property rights area.
The Evaluation results will also be used by the U.S. Government to ensure that resources are utilized in a manner that maximizes development results. USAID will use the evaluation to adjust the implementation of the PRP activity, share lessons learned with other stakeholders, and inform future programming in the sector. Moreover, USAID/Kosovo will embark on developing a new CDCS starting in 2018 that will cover the period of FY 2019-2024. Findings from this evaluation will be a prime information source used by the USAID Mission as it considers continuing, scaling-up, and/or reorienting its rule of law portfolio in the new strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Social Impact is seeking a short-term Interpreter and Logistician to support the PRP Evaluation. Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide interpreting services for the Evaluation Team during meetings, and interviews
- Arranging and confirming numerous meetings with Government officials, Civil Society Organizations, and other international development stakeholders. The Logistician/Interpreter must maintain a well-organized, updated schedule throughout the evaluation
- Hiring drivers and cars as needed
- Arranging transportation and hotels as needed
- Other administrative functions as requested
This assignment will take place in Pristina. The work will entail approximately 14 days between mid-January and mid-February 2018.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong organizational skills.
- 3+ years of extensive experience in scheduling, administration, and logistics with international or Government projects (e.g., administrative capacity on development projects, project management, monitoring and evaluation).
- 1+ years of experience providing simultaneous interpretation services
- Basic budget monitoring and general ledger skills.
- Excellent oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Albanian, Serbian, and English required
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite programs required
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.