Junior Analyst/Renewable Energy Expert
Junior Analyst/Renewable Energy Expert, MCC Indonesia Community-Based Off-Grid Renewable Energy (CBOG RE) Grants Activity, Indonesia
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth.
SI has been contracted as of September 2018 for a 36 month summative evaluation of the community-based off-grid (CBOG) renewable energy (RE) grant portfolio under the MCC Indonesia Green Prosperity Project. This evaluation will include three data collection periods—a baseline which was completed in 2018, an interim period to be completed in 2019, and an endline to be completed in 2021.
SI is seeking a Junior Analyst with qualitative evaluation experience and sector expertise in off-grid renewable energy who will be responsible for contributing to our evaluation design, participating in field data collection, and contributing to final analysis and dissemination efforts. This is a short term consultancy position, to provide intermittent work (up to 131 days) over the 36 month period of performance. This work will include full-time commitment to field data collection for 3-4 weeks at a time in early 2019 and early 2021 in Berau, East Kalimantan and/or Sumba, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia, with intermittent part-time commitment during the evaluation design, reporting, and dissemination stages. Non-field data collection tasks will be completed from the Analyst’s home office.
- Contribute writing and consultation to an updated evaluation design report, including methodologies for assessing outcomes and sustainability of RE programming
- Participate in the finalization of household survey, key informant interview, and focus group discussion instruments under supervision of Principal Investigator and Senior Analyst/Qualitative, ensuring relevant RE themes are adequately incorporated
- Assist in operational planning for qualitative field data collection
- Participate in qualitative field data collection as an interviewer, facilitator, and/or notetaker
- Analyze qualitative data in Dedoose or similar software with the end goal of triangulating and/or explaining quantitative research findings
- Contribute to the drafting, finalization and presentation of the interim/final evaluation reports
- Master’s degree or higher in public policy, international development, sociology, anthropology, engineering or other related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience researching Off-Grid Renewable Energy programming
- At lease 2 years of experience conducting qualitative evaluations
- Relevant field experience in Southeast Asia
- Fluency in English
- Relevant field experience in Indonesia
- Working technical proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia
- Demonstrated experience analyzing qualitative data using Dedoose, ATLAS.ti, or similar software
- Experience designing and implementing household and enterprise surveys
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.