Knowledge and Quality Team Leader
This role could be based in Oxford, Brussels, Barcelona, The Hague or Nairobi. You need to have the right to work in any of these locations to apply.
Do you want lead strategically on the use of evidence and learning for high-quality humanitarian work and to influence the thinking and debates in the humanitarian sector on the bases of evidence and knowledge?
Have you strong humanitarian experience and you are passionate about the potential of evidence and knowledge to improve humanitarian responses?
If so, you may be interested in joining the Oxfam Global Humanitarian Team (GHT) and leading the Knowledge and quality team!
Oxfam Global Humanitarian Team (GHT) is launching the Knowledge and quality team, a new exciting initiative aiming at “reinforcing the strategic use of evidence and knowledge for influencing and at ensuring the quality of Oxfam humanitarian work”.
We are looking for a candidate that will lead a multifunctional team working on MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and learning), Information Management, Communication and Evidence gathering. A key position that will lead strategically to ensure quality foundations and to promote and improve the use of knowledge and evidence for better decision-making and impact of Oxfam humanitarian responses.
This is a great opportunity for someone with
- Substantial experience in humanitarian responses, including in first phases of emergencies;
- A background in social science with knowledge of social research methods and tools as well as knowledge management;
- Ability and experience leading strategically on areas related to Quality and knowledge management;
- Excellent understanding and ability to further develop or promote codes and standards related to quality, learning and knowledge.
The team leader will ensure strong conceptual, analytical and critical thinking skills, experience leading high skilled teams based in different locations, excellent understanding of, and personal commitment to, promoting gender equity and protection in humanitarian response, as well as, highly effective influencing skills.
What can we offer you?
- A great opportunity to practice your skills and experiences and to learn from them.
- Space to lead internally and to influence the sector.
- A chance to work with a group of highly skilled and passionate people that are experts in their respective fields.
- A competitive salary and benefits.
How to Apply:
This is an opportunity for an exceptional, dedicated, and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam's values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job description and apply online via the link below:
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.