Land Tenure and Property Rights (Senior Associate)
Land Tenure and Property Rights Sr. Associate. Burlington, VT or Arlington, VA
Tetra Tech ARD (https://tetratechintdev.com), is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Land Tenure and Property Rights sector as a Sr. Associate to guide thought leadership and diversification into new sector portfolio opportunities.
While the Senior Associate is expected to divide her/his responsibilities between new business, project management, and corporate support, this position is particularly intended to assist the LTPR Sector Director, and the LTPR team in general, to identify new sector market opportunities, determine new staffing needs, and organize and participate in all phases of proposal preparation, writing, submission, and eventually transition to project implementation. The Senior Associate will perform his/her functions with a minimum of supervision and resolve proactively new business and project implementation issues. His/her work will be informed by a thorough understanding of Tetra Tech ARD operating procedures, and USAID and other donor rules and regulations. S/he will work under the supervision of the Sector Director, and when appropriate, the Vice President of Operations (VPO) to ensure project management best practices are transferred throughout the LTPR sector and that new business and project implementation risks are mitigated to the greatest extent possible.
This position reports to the LTPR Sector Director and can be based in Burlington, Vermont, or Arlington, Virginia.
- Lead LTPR Sector initiatives to develop new clients and new markets, particularly with the Millennium Challenge Corporation, multilateral banks, DFID, DFAT, and the European Union;
- Liaise with other Tetra Tech ARD Units and initiatives to diversify market opportunities;
- Develop initiatives to market and provide LTPR services to the private sector;
- Work with the Tetra Tech International Development Services (IDS) to promote the incorporation of LTPR issues and tools into projects in the energy, mining, and infrastructure areas;
- Contribute to other Tetra Tech initiatives to diversify clients and portfolio opportunities;
- Support and contribute at the discretion of the LTPR Sector Director all phases of proposal preparation, writing, and peer review, and submission;
- Carry out at the discretion of the LTPR Sector Director scoping missions and other proposal preparation tasks;
- Provide thought leadership to the LTPR Sector and Tetra Tech ARD at large on new technical themes in the land tenure and property rights field;
- Coordinate within the LTPR sector the review of lessons learned from the project portfolio and in close; collaboration with the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Unit;
- Communicate out through peer reviewed articles, blogs, and other appropriate media lessons learned from the LTPR project portfolio and the other LTPR initiatives. Collaborate closely with the Communications services of Tetra Tech ARD and broader corporate Tetra Tech;
- Serve as a Project Manager at the discretion of the LTPR Sector Director;
- Participate and represent Tetra Tech in conferences, technical panels, and other representational events;
- Provide technical training around diversification, project implementation, and other specialized land tenure and property rights topics suited to the skill set of the Senior Associate;
- Contribute as appropriate on assignments, committees, task forces, and other initiatives as determined by the Sector Director and senior management.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
- PhD or Master’s degree with suitable experience in agricultural economics, economics, geography, planning, anthropology, or sociology with demonstrated expertise in land tenure and property rights;
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in international development with successful track record in project implementation, proposal writing, and in both field and home office contexts;
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience working with USAID programs and/or projects; experience with other donor development agencies, foundations, or advocacy groups preferred;
- Proven track record in project design and implementation;
- Experience diversifying clients in the public and private sectors;
- Management skills requiring the proven ability to interface with technical and operational business functions and staff;
- Experience leading and managing teams, including personnel management is required;
- Demonstrated experience conducting training and capacity building on a range of land tenure and property rights issues but also project design and management;
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field - with strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
- Speaking and reading proficiency in at least one foreign language;
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player, strongly motivated and collaborative;
- Availability for 30-40% international travel;
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and familiarity with databases, and
- U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
Apply on line at http://bit.ly/2FpINdO
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
- A current resume / CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
A writing sample of sole authorship, maximum of 10 pages in length.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability