Learning and Development Adviser
- Opportunity for a Learning and Development specialist to contribute to strengthening the health sector in Fiji
- Full time, 6 month contract (long term)
- Located at the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MoHMS) Head Office - Human Resources Division, Suva.
- Preferred start date in March 2018
The Australian Government has established the Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) to implement its education, health and scholarship aid programs in Fiji and its scholarship program in Tuvalu. The Facility will also support the delivery of Australia’s emergency response efforts following natural disasters, and governance sector support when requested by the Fiji Government.
Support to Fiji’s health sector is a key component of the Facility. The focus of the support is on strengthening health service delivery as well as health systems strengthening, in particular financial planning, policy, leadership and management.
There is a growing need to strengthen and expand the Learning and Development functions across the MoHMS. There is a need to support leadership and management skills as well as clinical, providing development on the back of the new performance review processes and the need to find a sustainable pathway for donor funded training.
Therefore, the Facility Health Program is looking to support the MoHMS to develop a sustainability pathway for its learning and development including its governance, budgeting, operations, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of its activities. As such, Coffey, through the Facility, is seeking applications for a Learning and Development Adviser to champion and lead this project to contribute to the health program’s goals.
The Learning and Development Adviser will work collaboratively with the Human Resources team at the MoHMS and the broader senior leadership team. The adviser will also work closely with other closely related projects within the Facility Health Program e.g. the Hospital Management Advisor. Key responsibilities will include:
- Scoping the main learning and development needs and priorities for the MoHMS and its staff and map how those are currently being accessed and resourced;
- Identifying the potential options and mechanisms to strengthen learning and development and support staff performance including the appropriate mix of central and decentralised approaches and processes to access such development;
- Collaboratively identifying a preferred approach and developing a costed sustainability pathway and plan; and
- Providing ongoing support for a brief period to help the initial implementation of the plan and relevant mentoring of key senior staff.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced university degree in Learning and Development, Organisational Development, Human Resource Management, or related field with at least 5-10 years’ experience designing, leading and implementing learning and development programs. Strong skills in project design, management, data analysis, results-based planning and monitoring and evaluation will be required. Experience and skills in working with multiple stakeholders, including health professionals and academic institutions and scoping of works relating to workforce development are essential to the success in this role. Experience with local Fijian government functions and systems will be an advantage and willingness to travel frequently to different locations within Fiji will be required.
This position is classified Category C, Level 3 (long term) under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf for further detail on the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 495868
For further enquiries please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) 2 March 2018.
This Facility is being administered by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.