Materials Production and Distribution Specialist
- Initial 6 month input in Lao PDR, with up to 180 days input in 2018 over separate inputs
- Based in Vientiane, Lao PDR
- Travel to Provinces and Districts as required
The Basic Education Quality and Access in Lao PDR (BEQUAL), managed by Coffey on behalf of the Australian Government and the European Union, supports the Government of Lao PDR to provide quality literacy, numeracy and other life skills to children from disadvantaged regions in Lao PDR.
The goal of BEQUAL is to ensure all girls and boys, especially those experiencing disadvantage, complete a quality basic education to achieve literacy, numeracy and other life skills. The program will address education policy, planning and coordination, increased child participation in and access to basic education, teacher education and improved school infrastructure.
The Materials Production and Distribution Specialist will work closely with colleagues in the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) and other BEQUAL technical specialists to ensure effective coordination of the production and distribution of teaching and learning materials that support the implementation of the renewed primary school curriculum in Lao PDR. Key responsibilities include:
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring colleagues to develop a production plan and set timelines for the distribution of textbooks and teaching and learning materials;
- Managing the tender development and tendering processes for all books and learning materials;
- Supporting the development and implementation of improved policies, systems and procedures for managing the printing and distribution activities at central, provincial and district levels
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in providing technical advice as well as in the practical planning and management of procuring textbook production, printing and distribution services, preferably at the national system level; combined with experience improving related systems and procedures. Demonstrated understanding of international development agreements and aid effectiveness agenda is required for success. Excellent skills working in diverse and multilingual contexts and in mentoring colleagues is required and previous experience in South East Asia is highly desirable.
This position is classified Category B, Level 3 under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit https://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework.pdf for further detail.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 495435
For further enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 6.00pm (Laos time) 4 August 2017
This program is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company on behalf of the Australian Government and the European Union.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.