Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, the organization actively operates in Angola, Central African Republic, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda implementing long-term healthcare cooperation projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
CUAMM’s action focuses on health system strengthening and targets the weakest population groups, particularly women and children. Interventions include prevention, screening and treatment programmes on several diseases; creation or strengthening of referral systems at community level; training of health professionals; field research
Job title: Midwife for South Sudan
Job location: South Sudan, Rumbek hospital
Application deadline: November 2018
Duration: 6-12 months
- Degree or Diploma in Obstetrics
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Previous experience at the hospital level in Italy and in developing countries
- Preferable previous professional experience in training / supervision of local staff
The midwife is called to provide clinical, organizational and training / supervision support for the regular functioning of maternal health services at the Rumbek Hospital. Specifically, it will:
- ensure the proper functioning of the delivery room and the maternity ward, collaborating with the doctors for the management and organization of the departments
- collaborate in clinical supervision, on-the-job training and continuous education of maternity staff
- implement other actions aimed at strengthening the capacity of local staff and improving the quality of services (eg introduction of protocols
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selection interviews will be done face-to-face or by skype.