Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Adviser
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Adviser
Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and international education projects and programs throughout Australia and the Asia-Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique project management expertise and capabilities
Our key clients include the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and Department of Education and Training (DET), national and sub-national governments in other Asia-Pacific countries, the Asian Development Bank and various universities and educational institutions.
The Vanuatu Skills Partnership aims to develop new approaches for a national skills system that better links skills training to economic outcomes within a quality assured framework. It has a dual focus on supporting the development of ni-Vanuatu entrepreneurship and the growth of the local private sector, as well as creating pathways for further formal training and employment opportunities.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Adviser will lead the development and implementation of the MEL system, including reporting, in line with Vanuatu Skills Partnership Program Logic and consistent with DFAT’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) standards. He/she will facilitate learning and continuous improvement across the program, drawing from evidence-based data, and ongoing analysis of the operating environment and political economy.
The MEL Adviser will support capacity development of the local MEL team, the broader program team as well as strengthening, wherever possible, Government of Vanuatu M&E systems.
The position will be home-based with regular travel to Vanuatu, including travel to the outer islands.
The MEL Adviser will report to the Support Coordinator (Scope Global) and work in close consultation with the Partnership Director and Strategic Adviser.
This Short Term Adviser role (ARF C3) is offered on a fixed term contract of up to 140 days until 30/06/2019.
The key responsibilities include:
• Develop the MEL system and plan to meet the needs of the new program design
• Assist the implementation of the revised Management Information System
• Develop and support the implementation of a change process to introduce the new tools, processes and systems in MEL, and reinforce an MEL culture
• Guide the development and distribution of meaningful strategic communication tools and products, drawing from M&E data
• Lead the preparation of the Annual MEL Report and support the MEL Manager to prepare progress reporting for six-monthly meetings
• Work with relevant government and partner sector personnel to align data collection and reporting processes wherever possible to strengthen Government of Vanuatu MEL systems
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Recognised relevant tertiary qualification
• Proven experience in the development and implementation of M&E systems and processes for complex programs in line with standards such as the DAC Evaluation Quality Standards and DFAT M&E Standards. It is expected that this would include demonstrable experience in integrating social safeguards (in particular gender equality and disability inclusion) in MEL
• Exceptional analytical skills including experience working with socio-economic impact analyses and beneficiary assessment. Experience working with political economy analysis (PEA), thinking and working politically (TWP) and/or problem-driven iterative adaptation (PDIA) an advantage
• Proven capacity to communicate M&E data in accessible and engaging ways. Experience in innovative visualisation of results an advantage
• Proven experience in strengthening partner government M&E systems and capacity and in facilitating learning and continuous improvements within programs and/or partner governments through the use of MEL
Experience in Vanuatu or the wider Pacific region is desirable
If your skills and experience match the criteria and you are seeking a new challenge in a supportive and motivational environment, please apply online at www.scopeglobal.com/work-with-us/current-job-opportunities. You will need to upload your covering letter, CV, and address each of the selected essential criteria (100-200 words per criteria) listed on our online portal by Monday 23rd October. Please note that, to be eligible for consideration, you must apply directly through the Scope website using the above link.
For more information about Scope Global, please visit our website www.scopeglobal.com
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will need to comply with our Corporate Policies including Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and undergo a National Police Clearance.