Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager, Afghanistan Urban Water and Sanitation Activity
Tetra Tech is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager to lead an anticipated five year USAID/Afghanistan Urban Water and Sanitation Activity. The Activity will increase access to urban water and sanitation services for residents in six Afghan cities serviced by the Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporation (AUWSSC) and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA). The Activity will also provide capacity building and technical assistance to AUWSSC at their Kabul headquarters and sub-offices.
Position Description/Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager manages all MEL and communications staff and activities of the project. The MEL Manager ensures the quality, integrity and security of project-generated data. The MEL Manager leads formulation, implementation and updates of the project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan in collaboration with project leadership and the client. The MEL Manager will be responsible for ensuring successful Data Quality Assessment(s), evaluations, other audits and is responsible for the timeliness of all project deliverables.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party and technical team members on annual planning, definition of outputs, outcomes and results and coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual reports;
- Ensure compliance with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (MELP) and rigorous review and update of the MELP each year;
- Ensure data quality, rigor and relevance for all approved indicators and preparation/validation of detailed indicator reference sheets
- Support formulation and implementation of project-level and AUWSSC/SBU-level learning and adaptation efforts
- Support creative and high quality project communications
- Support staff, partners and grantees in collecting, reporting, and verifying that data and indicators meet Tetra Tech and USAID quality standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s Degree highly preferred;
- At least five years of leadership of monitoring and evaluation tasks and teams; USAID project experience strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to senior management through holistic analysis;
- Experience with organizational development, performance management strongly preferred;
- Experience in the water, energy or sanitation sectors and in municipal service delivery strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to generate creative and impactful data displays preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely in English; proficiency in Pashto or Dari is required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Apply here: http://bit.ly/2DIKKAf
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.