About Sabre Education
Sabre Education is a multi-award winning charity that has forged a reputation as one of the leading early years education organisations in Ghana – a country often cited as a leader for good quality early education practice in Africa. Sabre’s approach is built on a trusted implementing partner relationship with the Government of Ghana, and Sabre is committed to bringing innovations to the existing education system, to ensure all children can access quality kindergarten education.
Sabre Education is a partnership between two independent but linked charities, registered in the UK and in Ghana. We work in the Central and Western Regions of Ghana to improve the futures of poor and marginalised children.
Our Brighter Futures Programme, delivered in partnership with the Ghana Education Service, provides an innovative and carefully considered response to the challenges of poor learning environments and weak teacher capacity in the kindergarten sector. The Brighter Futures programme supports improved early years teaching and learning in Ghana and the approach places the child at the heart of the programme. The Brighter Futures programme is focused on two critical components, Transformational Teacher Training and Building Better Schools
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing organisation as it moves out of an entrepreneurial phase.The Operations Director reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is a member of the Senior Management Team (CEO/COO/Head of Fundraising). The role is responsible for the financial operations of both Sabre UK and Sabre Ghana, and HR, administration, fleet management, security and ICT functions for Ghana. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Operations Director contributes to the strategic and organisational development of Sabre and reports on finances to the UK and Ghana Boards of Trustees. Lead the Operations team, managing staff effectively, and conducting regular performance appraisals of the operations team in line with the Sabre staffing policies.
We are looking for a candidate that can commit to Sabre for at least 3 years (hopefully longer) and grow the role and operations function in line with Sabre’s organisational development.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- a strong interest in international development programming
- a positive and learning based outlook, combined with a collaborative and engaging management style
- a minimum of 8 years financial management experience, preferably accounting and with some experience of working in the international development sector
- experience in at least two of the other focus areas (HR/Admin/ICT)
- experience in developing new systems and processes
- experience in managing contracts
- excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills and experience
- excellent planning and organisational skills
- experience of leading or managing a team
- experience of mentoring other team members
- strong computer skills
- the ability to work in an English speaking environment
A relevant finance management or accounting qualification, masters degree preferred
Interested in this role?
Location: Elmina, Ghana
Early applications are encouraged as we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
To find out more and to apply: http://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/operations-director/