The Africa Early Childhood Network (AfECN) is a professional network established in 2015 to serve as a platform for the promotion of excellence and collaboration in protecting children's rights, influencing policy and practice through advocacy, strengthened partnership and sharing of experience and knowledge. The Africa ECD network focuses primarily on strengthening the capacity of national and regional civil society organization network to better advocate for increased prioritization and resource allocation to ECD. To achieve this, AfECN focuses on the following four strategic goals:
- Strengthened networking amongst CSO’s
- Enhanced advocacy
- Knowledge generation and dissemination
- Improved practice
- Leadership development.
To ensure efficient, inclusive and scalable practice, AfECN seeks to recruit an Operations Manager to lead and oversee the Administration and Finance functions. This position is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the Organisation operations and supporting the program activities.
- Ensure the preparation and presentation of financial analysis to the management, board and donor reporting is done accurately and within the set timelines
- Development of the budgets and ensure optimal utilization of the available resources
- Develop Policies and Procedures to guide the practice of Finance, Human Resource and Administration functions in order to ensure efficiency and effective program support
- Monitor and ensure that the organization is compliant to all the relevant legislations
- Oversee the maintenance of a fixed asset register to keep track of the fixed assets in the Organisation
- Oversee the management of leases, contracts and other financial commitments
- Oversee the procurement processes and the inventory management
- Support in the fundraising efforts
- Lead human resource management, build the capacity of the finance and Administrative staff and identify performance improvement areas
- A post graduate degree in Finance, Administration or related fields
- Atleast 5 - 7 years’ experience in managing operations for donor funded programs.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and problem solving skills
- Experience in managing diverse teams.
- Experience in mentoring and on the job training for finance/operations/administration
Position location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of renewal
How to apply
Send a cover letter and CV expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position title in the subject of the email by 30 August 2017. Also indicate your current and expected salary. Successful applicants shall be contacted and invited for an interview.