Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering. As an Oxfam employee, you will join a team of professionals that is part of the international confederation of 20 organisations networked together in more than 90 countries. One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world by mobilizing the power of people against poverty.
The Corporate Finance team is a key support function to the wider Oxfam departments. It covers an extensive range of financial operations such as; Payments, Payroll, Income, Tax and Treasury.
What we are looking for:
We are looking to recruit a high performing and motivated Payments Manager to manage and lead the Payments team based in Oxford.
The Payments manager role is an exciting and varied role which is focused on providing business partner services to key teams and country offices within Oxfam. The role will be reporting to Deputy Finance Director (Corporate) and will have line management responsibility of the Payments team lead.
- Management of Payments teams in Oxford and ensuring adherence to Oxfam’s performance management cycle
- Responsible for the strategic planning of all Oxfam Payments activities and delivery of a cost-effective, efficient service
- Pro-active participation in any Project work assigned by Deputy Finance Director; especially core project that has significant impact on Payments team such as Requisition-to-pay project
- Managing the planning, recruitment and development of staff and volunteers
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are regularly reviewed, updated and documented as necessary
- Ensuring that an effective control environment is maintained
- Contributing to definition of Key Performance Indicators, monitoring standards and productivity
- Identifying and implementing changes to processes to improve the service to users
- Ensuring a prompt resolution of queries and problems
- Acting as the first approver for all Banking and FX suppliers’ platforms
- Providing financial support, advice and training to budget holders, senior managers and other stakeholders
- Providing training, coaching and education to Business stakeholders
This is an opportunity for an exceptional, dedicated, and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam's values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for and would like to review the full job description and apply, please use the link provided.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation