Policies lead Specialist- Science, Technology and Innovation
The Islamic Development Bank is a multilateral development bank (MDB), working to improve the lives of those we serve by promoting social and economic development in Muslim countries and communities worldwide, delivering impact at scale.
The role is to facilitate STI policy formulation while ensuring its alignment with the adopted framework and the Bank’s strategy and P5P (or any future plans). The role also ensures the promotion of an STI-based development mindset and culture in the Bank through the applicable policies.
- Leads the formulation of the IsDB Policy Framework and update while ensuring its alignment with the adopted framework and the Bank’s strategy and P5P (or any future plans).
- Ensures proper alignment of all IsDB policies to achieve maximum impact of the Bank’s development interventions.
- Leads efforts and initiatives to promote a culture that appreciates the positive impact of STI on the IsDB member countries’ development.
- To generate support for scientific research or study, and to develop IsDB member country science policy, and inform decision-making.
- Promotes an STI-based development mindset and culture in the Bank through the applicable policies.
- Promotes creativity and out-of-the-box thinking for more effective and efficient work processes and procedures through the appropriate reward and recognition policies, in coordination with the concerned department.
- Aligns IsDB policies to contribute to the achievement of the SDGs and the Bank’s strategic priorities.
- Assesses and understands policies in IsDB member countries
- Monitors and evaluates information platforms in order to advise on best practices
- Writes policies, collects, and synthesizes information in respective platforms. Advises IsDB Management and Member Countries
- Promotes incentives for the Member Countries to support their efforts in establishing STI policies
Job Specific Competencies
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in STI policy formulation and dialogue coordination on topics related to the SDGs
- Proven project management skills from preparation to completion
- Proven ability in conceptualizing and developing high quality technical and analytical work related to STI and/or SDG topics
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills experience in public speaking
- Ability to work well with clients and strong interpersonal and team skills
- Knowledge of STI opportunities and challenges in developing countries
- Adaptable and resilient; able to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Able to take initiative and drive work independently
- Ability to travel internationally.
Located: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Closing Date: 26th November
To find out more and to apply: http://isdb.oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/policies-lead-specialist/