Principal Consultant, Governance Team
DAI is looking for a Principal Consultant, to work as part of their busy Governance Team - part of DAI Europe’s Delivery Unit. The position will be based within DAI Europe; located in spacious, bespoke offices in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, adjacent to fast rail links to London and southeast England.
DAI is widely recognised for its commitment to international development, supported by extensive in-house technical and programme delivery expertise.
Our portfolio of 200 projects in 100 countries crosses multiple disciplines. Our clients include the UK Department for International Development, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, USAID, the European Commission, EBRD, the World Bank, other donors and international lending institutions, and private corporations and philanthropies.
Responding to the needs of our growing business we are recruiting a Principal Consultant for our Governance Team. The role will involve working closely with colleagues to provide technical direction for programme delivery; supporting team leaders, programme managers and business development efforts. You will be part of a team managing a portfolio of Governance programmes across multiple donors and geographies. While we are interested in people with the whole range of governance experience, we are particularly looking for experts in conflict, violent extremism or public financial management. You will work closely with the rest of the team on building knowledge and networks and developing new business opportunities and innovative technical solutions across these rapidly evolving sectors.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field e.g. International Development, Economics, Public Administration, Law, Gender.
- Substantial, evidenced experience in international development in respective technical areas.
- Substantial, evidenced overseas working experience in a development environment alongside experience working with major European and International Donors.
- Solid understanding of proposal development, project management systems and standards and best practice in respective technical area.
- Proven negotiation skills
- Demonstrated, substantial experience of working across a variety of cultures
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to gender equality and social inclusion
- Track record in managing teams to deliver goals and achieve targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages are an asset).
S/he will also be:
- Commercially astute with demonstrable aptitude in client service and management
- Driven and motivated combined with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to deliver against programme and business targets thus achieving the goals of DAI Europe.
- Flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Able and willing to travel internationally, including to insecure environments.
Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is 9th November 2018, and interviews will be held progressively. More detailed company information is available at www.dai.com
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing programmes around the world, we look forward to hearing from you.