The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming. UTZ works with and supports a network of local organizations in their advocacy for more sustainable policies. Rainforest Alliance works across the West Africa region, with field-level activities in Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Togo and Liberia.
We are looking for a Program Officer in Cameroon who will be responsible for the coordination, training and monitoring of partners implementing UTZ certification in Cameroon. He/she will facilitate training workshops for service providers and members, coordinate the development of training materials and visit and advice UTZ members and partners.
This position will require supporting and maintaining strong relationships with members, partners and government entities and safeguard the quality of implementation of UTZ certification in the country.
- Responsible for the implementation of the UTZ strategy in Cameroon,
- Manages and maintain various stakeholder relations and market linkages
- Supplies information on workability of traceability in local context
- Development and implementation of UTZ training strategy for members
- Supports partners in the implementation of the UTZ certification and ensures valuable reporting from the partners
- Supports the implementation of specific projects
- Liaises with national government coffee and cocoa bodies, research and agricultural institutes
- Participates in national platform(s) and conferences for sustainable agriculture
- Contributes to international and regional proposals & local fundraising.
- Being an inspiring ambassador of UTZ towards all stakeholders in the sector.
- Master’s degree preferably in relevant field such as agriculture, development economics, environmental science or other related disciplines.
- At least five years of experience in the cocoa sector and UTZ certification in particular.
- Proven experience in training and capacity building for adults.
- Knowledge of extension methodologies.
- At least three years of experience with management and reporting of donor funded projects.
- Languages: English, French (proficient) and local language
- Credible ambassador, communicator, networker with intercultural skills and able to work with different types of stakeholders
What we offer?
Employment is based upon a 40 hours/week, and a one-year contract with an option to extend. Rainforest Alliance provides a dynamic and international working environment with an entrepreneurial and innovative approach. The position is based in Cameroon (Douala or Yaoundé) and involves regular travel. Starting date of the assignment is foreseen as soon as possible.
How to apply?
Please send your application to email@example.com (before March 10th 2018), mentioning Program officer Cameroon in the subject line. Your application should include your CV or resume and a cover letter. Interviews are foreseen in the last week March 2018.
If you have questions about this position please send them to Siriki.Diakite@utz.org. For more information about UTZ, visit www.utz.org.