Program Officer - Training and Partnerships
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming. UTZ works with and supports a network of local organizations in their advocacy for more sustainable policies. Rainforest Alliance works across the West Africa region, with field-level activities in Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Togo and Liberia.
We are looking for a program officer in Ghana who will be responsible for the coordination, training of and monitoring of partners implementing UTZ certification and Sector partnerships in Ghana. He/she will facilitate training workshops for service providers and members, coordinate the development of training materials and visit and advice UTZ producer groups as well as CSOs. He/she will also provide support to the Country representative in the administrative and financial management of a project portfolio.
This position will require sustaining and developing the trainer’s network and safeguard the quality of implementation of UTZ certification and Sector partnerships program.
- Support partners in the implementation of the UTZ program and Sector Partnerships, and ensure valuable reporting from the partners and towards headquarters.
- Together with the Country representative, implement the UTZ training strategy in Ghana. This involves:
- Organizing and conducting Trainings of Trainers (ToTs) for UTZ members and partners.
- Developing and updating training materials, used at ToT and farmer level.
- Monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of the trainings conducted and provide follow-up.
- Liaise with national governments, research and agricultural institutes in coordination
- with the Country representative.
- Contribute to international and regional proposals & local fundraising.
- Being an inspiring ambassador of UTZ towards all stakeholders in the sector.
- Master’s degree preferably in relevant field such as agriculture, development economics, environmental science or other related disciplines.
- At least three years of experience in the cocoa sector and UTZ certification in particular.
- Proven experience in training and capacity building for adults.
- Experience with management and reporting of donor funded projects.
- Proven interest in advocacy and policy issues.
- Languages: English (proficient) and Twi
- Credible ambassador, communicator, networker with intercultural skills and able to work with different types of stakeholders (e.g. producers, governments).
What we offer:
Employment is based upon a 40 hours/week, and a one-year contract with an option to extend. Rainforest Alliance provides a dynamic and international working environment with an entrepreneurial and innovative approach. The position is based in Ghana (Kumasi or Accra) and involves regular travel. Starting date of the assignment is foreseen as soon as possible.
How to apply?
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org (before February 28th 2018), mentioning Program officer Ghana in the subject line. Your application should include your CV or resume and a cover letter. Interviews are foreseen in the week of 14th March 2018.