Programme Director, Mangrove Capital Africa (MCA) programme
Wetlands International is seeking a Program Director for the new Mangrove Capital Africa (MCA) programme. The Programme Director will be the lead representative, responsible for the development, implementation and reporting for the programme.
Wetlands International initiated the Mangrove Capital Africa (MCA) programme, funded by the DoB Ecology Foundation, to reduce the degradation of African mangroves, which is still high despite multiple interventions. The programme will combine the work of several Wetlands International offices with partners at national, regional and global level.
The successful candidate will be an experienced manager of complex international and cross-sector programmes in the field of sustainable development, agriculture, environment or natural resource management.
- Advance degree in Environmental Sciences, Sustainable Development or related fields.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing complex large scale programmes in a field relevant to sustainable development, environment and natural resource management;
- Track record of managing donor funded programmes, budget management, reporting and resource mobilisation;
- Extensive experience in negotiating, influencing and communicating with donors, multi-level counterparts and relevant programme stakeholders;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in aligning strategy and approaches to achieve results and maximise impact;
- Ability to work independently as part of multi-cultural teams in an international environment;
- Proven track record in a senior management position in the NGO sector in West, Central or East Africa;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written): bilingual French and English.
- Working experience of conservation and development projects in coastal environments;
- Understanding of mangrove ecosystem dynamics.
Salary: circa €47,000 + benefits
Location: Dakar, Senegal with frequent travel in the West and East Africa regions and occasionally to Europe
Contract: Initial 2 years contract, with the possibility of becoming permanent
Oxford HR has been retained as an executive search consultancy to assist Wetlands International in finding suitable candidates for this role.
To apply for this post, please download and read the Appointment Brief, then complete our online application form. To do so please visit our website here: http://oxfordhr.co.uk/job/programme-director-2/#page