Founded out of Harvard and MIT in 2002, Dimagi is an award-winning global technology company with an impact-focused business model that delivers open source technology to help under-served communities in over 60 countries around the world. Our team of exceptional software developers, engineers, public health and development specialists, consultants, and field staff apply their experience to further public health and well-being.
Dimagi is seeking a Project Manager (PM) to drive the implementation and delivery of mHealth projects in India. We are looking for a dedicated and versatile individual who is eager to work in a small, team-oriented, and impact-driven organization.
The objectives for this position are to manage workstreams in one of our ground-breaking, large-scale mHealth projects, which are transforming community health systems across multiple Indian states in partnership with central and state governments. The PM will ensure all business requirements are managed correctly, expectations are coordinated across multiple stakeholders, and deliverables are implemented in a timely fashion. The PM will also coordinate project teams and senior client relationships, as well as the scope of the intervention. The PM will work in close collaboration with and receive strategic guidance from the Project Director and the Dimagi’s India Country Director.
The successful candidate will drive industry-changing improvements to healthcare delivery with central and state governments on national level projects. The position will include some travel around India, both to larger metropolitan areas for partner meetings, as well as under-served communities where frontline health workers are using our products to improve health and well-being. You will join our world-class team to learn and share best practices and expertise from across the globe.
Compensation will depend on level of experience and qualifications but will be competitive with local rates. We request a 2-year commitment for this position, but employment is at-will according to company policies. The deadline to apply for this post is July 26th, 2017.
- Manage the coordination and implementation of mobile technology projects, working with project partners, our field team, and an international team of software developers
- Coordinate, guide, and mentor Field Managers and other staff to leverage diverse skill sets and maximize team effectiveness and satisfaction
- Drive the definition of requirements, design and development of CommCare implementations
- Manage expectations of a wide range of project stakeholders in terms of functionality, scope of the system, and support
- Coordinate with partners and vendors both within and outside of India to ensure an end-to-end solution.
- Stay on top of the bigger picture. Prepare and maintain project plans outlining the activities, necessary steps, risks, and dependencies of given work streams as the project progresses.
- Lead meetings to review project progress, mitigate risks, coordinate tasks, and ensure quality implementation.
- In keeping with Dimagi’s culture as a flat organization, work alongside Field Managers in building applications, visiting community field sites, and training partner staff
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, technology, public health, or other relevant fields
- 6+ years of relevant work experience, including 2+ years of project management experience (accountability for end-to-end project delivery)
- Project management experience. Planning and organizational skills that result in successful implementation and follow through on project-based work
- Experience of having worked in multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience successfully managing or leading project teams for delivery
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written. Able to work with a variety of partners and constituents at all levels of the health system including the public health system
- Able to drive strategic conversations with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated initiative and comfort with unstructured problems in a diverse environment
- Appetite and ability to grasp and apply technical concepts quickly (though no technical academic background or work experience is required)
- Comfort with mathematics, statistics, or data management
- Self-motivated team player, with proven capabilities to lead a project independently
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization and manage conflicts in a constructive and solution-oriented manner
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project tracks and work streams
- Excellent time management and efficient working practices
- Adaptability and interest in wearing many different hats
- Quick learner, collaborative, and client-oriented
- Willing to travel at short notice for meetings, project work, etc.
- Passionate about making an impact by serving the under-served
- Able to adopt quickly the use of Dimagi systems and tools e.g. Google Calendar, Google Docs, Dropbox, Skype, WhatsApp
- Fluent in oral and written English
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Fluency in Hindi is strongly desired
- Fluency in other Indian languages is also an asset
- Experience in public sector and government programs, preferably within India
- Experience working with the software development life cycle on information and communication technology (ICT) projects
- Experience directly managing people or teams
- Experience working in an international team
Other Job Perks
- Team Summits. The entire team will get together at least annually to meet each other, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun. Read about two staff members’ takes on summits in Cape Town and Dakar.
- Each year, you will get 30 days paid time off.
- Trust and flexibility. We conduct extensive interviews to make sure we only hire the best. From the moment you join, you will not only take on significant responsibility, you will also be trusted to flexibly manage your hours and balance office time with working from home.
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- Do you like travel? You will get significant travel experiences, if so desired, often to very off-the-beaten-path locations (where the real work happens). You will also get unique opportunities to travel internationally within your first two years, either to a different country for project travel, to a different country office, or both.
- If you are asked to move to a country that is not where you are from, you are eligible for one round-trip flight home per year, paid for by Dimagi.
Please apply for this position by August 8th 2017.