Quality and Compliance Adviser
Quality & Compliance Adviser
Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and international education projects and programs throughout Australia and the Asia-Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique project management expertise and capabilities.
Our key clients include the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and Department of Education and Training (DET), national and sub-national governments in other Asia-Pacific countries, the Asian Development Bank and various universities and educational institutions.
The Kiribati Facility is a key investment of the Australian Government in Kiribati, comprising of the Skills for Employment Program (SfEP) and the Flexible Support Facility (FSF). The SfEP supports the development of a capable, qualified and mobile I-Kiribati workforce, and focuses on developing the Kiribati Institute of Technology (KIT) as a demand-driven training provider catering for domestic, regional and international labour markets and aligning the source, level and rigour of qualifications accordingly.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quality & Compliance Adviser to join the Scope Team, based in Tarawa, Kiribati.
The role of the Quality & Compliance Adviser is to progress the KIT application to gain full registration with the Pacific Accreditation and Training Programs (EQAP) and to progress two KIT training programs to accreditation. In addition, the role will provide assistance and capacity development to the KIT Deputy Director Quality to develop a quality improvement cycle for KIT.
The Quality & Compliance Adviser reports to the Executive Director KIT and is required to work collaboratively with the I-Kiribati KIT Executive.
This Short Term Adviser role (ARF B3) is offered on a fixed term contract of 40 days until 31/12/2017.
The key responsibilities include:
• Registration documentation completed and submitted to EQAP.
• Relevant documentation for EQAP accreditation for two KIT programs submitted to EQAP and all requests for further information responded to.
• A quality improvement cycle for a TVET institution documented and implemented.
• A report summarising the outcomes of the activities above.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Minimum 10 years of experience managing compliance with the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Regulator, Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
• Minimum 10 years of experience developing capacity of management and teaching staff to ensure programs are compliant with ASQA Standards for RTOs 2015.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders in a development context.
• Knowledge and experience of complying with Australian and international policies and standards including Equal Opportunity, Work Health and Safety, Child Protection, Gender and Disability.
• Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
• Experience managing compliance with the EQAP and experience living and working in the Pacific will be highly regarded.
The Job and Person Specification for this role can be obtained from www.scopeglobal.com
If your skills and experience match the criteria and you are seeking a new challenge in a supportive and motivational environment, please apply online at www.scopeglobal.com/work-with-us/current-job-opportunities. You will need to upload your covering letter, CV, and address each of the selected essential Job and Person Specification criteria (100-200 words per criteria) through our online portal by Sunday 1st October. Please note that, to be eligible for consideration, you must apply directly through the Scope website using the above link.
For more information about Scope Global, please visit our website www.scopeglobal.com
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will need to comply with our Corporate Policies including Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and undergo a National Police Clearance.