- Long term contract 12 months, with potential for extension
- Based in Vientiane, Laos
The Laos Australia Institute is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government. The Laos Australia Institute manages Australia’s main investments in Human Resource Development (HRD) in Laos, including the Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS) and Laos Australia National Scholarships (LANS). The program also supports HRD policies, planning and implementation for the Government of Laos (GOL); in particular through work with two key counterpart organisations, the Ministry of Education and Sports and Ministry of Home Affairs. The program is committed to ensure equity for women, people living with disability and those living in the Provinces (especially those in designated disadvantaged districts) in all of its activities.
Reserved for Laos Citizens
The Scholarships Associate will provide support to the Scholarships Manager by coordinating the day to day operations of the Australia Awards, Laos Australia National Scholarships, Disability Inclusive Development Program and English language programs. They will coordinate promotion, targeting and selection, mobilisation, on-award/program monitoring, reintegration and alumni activities. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Scholarships Manager in development of policies, procedures and strategies
- Maintain good communication and relationships with key stakeholders including the Australian Embassy, Government of Laos ministries, universities, agencies and training providers
- Coordinate awards and program related processes and events, promotional activities, orientation sessions, course counselling, placements, mobilisation, predeparture briefing, on-award/program monitoring, reintegration and alumni events and training as required
- Support the applicant selection processes including advertising, production of documents, eligibility checking, applicant shortlisting and interviews and commenting on policy and procedures relating to those processes
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities as required
We are seeking applicants with qualifications preferably in Education, Human Resource Development (HRD), Management and/or Development Studies or post graduate qualifications in a related field. You will demonstrate experience supporting the management and implementation of program activities, systems and processes, preferably in the context of scholarships, training or HRD programs. Experience organising events or marketing activities; combined with preparing quality documentation and reporting and updating online web based systems will be required. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as the ability to work with diverse stakeholders. A very high level of attention to detail will be required for success in this role as well as fluency in Laos and English. You will also demonstrate experience in gender and disability equity and social inclusion related actions and activities. Familiarity with Laos and Australian higher education systems will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 495874
Applications close 5.00pm (Laos time) 3rd March 2018
For further enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org