Senior Program Officer
Scope Global - Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and international education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities.
Australia Awards South and West Asia is managed by the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and is administered by Scope Global. It is a multi-country program with its central hub in Sri Lanka and service delivery offices in five other countries. In-Australia elements of the Program are delivered out of Scope Global’s Head Office in Adelaide.
Australia Awards are provided to build the skills and knowledge of individuals so that they can contribute to their country’s development, and to support the ongoing development of links between Australia and the countries to which it provides aid. The Australia Awards are an important part of the Australian Government’s focus on public and economic diplomacy, and provide long term Scholarships, Short Course Awards and other training opportunities.
The Program has been implementing alumni engagement activities in Afghanistan since 2015. In 2018, the suite of Program activities for Afghanistan will be expanded to include Short Course Awards and Informal Learning Opportunities.
The Senior Program Officer - Afghanistan will be responsible for ensuring that all Program activities for Afghanistan are relevant/appropriate, effective and efficiently executed; this will involve liaison with delivery partners in Afghanistan, in Australia and in third countries.
The Senior Program Officer - Afghanistan reports to the Short-Term Activities Manager and is responsible for:
• Activity management and coordination – develop annual implementation plan, support DFAT in the design of short courses and short-term activities, provide logistical support, etc.
• Alumni engagement – identify and implement relevant activities, identify good practice in other program countries, share success stories, etc.
• Public diplomacy – assist in the development of stories and materials
• Monitoring and evaluation and reporting
• Financial management – ensure accuracy of financial information
• Establish, maintain and manage stakeholder relationships
This role is offered on a fixed term contract basis until 15 January 2020. It is initially offered as a part time (0.6FTE) position for the first six months of the appointment. It will then be reviewed and adjustments in FTE may be made to match operational requirements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in project management or international development.
• At least three years project management experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
• Ability to manage the design of events and professional development activities.
• Experience in providing support to professional and voluntary organisations.
• Capacity to collaborate with providers and partners from a range of sectors.
• Excellent negotiation and collaboration skills, proven in a cross-cultural context.
• Ability to adapt and respond to changing circumstances (including client requirements), to multi-task and to work to tight deadlines and with minimal supervision.
• High ethical standards and a commitment to demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
• Friendly, positive culture
• Competitive salary based on skills and experience
Visit www.scopeglobal.com/work-with-us/current-job-opportunities to find out more about the role and to submit your online application by Thursday February 1st (upload cover letter and CV, and address the selection criteria listed on the system).
Please note that only applications submitted via our online system will be considered.
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities).