Senior Staffing Manager Burlington, VT
Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Senior Staffing Manager to join its International Consulting Services unit based in Burlington, Vermont. The Staffing Manager will support efforts to recruit high-quality candidates for proposals and current projects, covering core practice areas within Tetra Tech’s International Development Services market including: Water Resources and Infrastructure, Environment and Natural Resources, Land Tenure and Property Rights, Agriculture and Economic Growth, and Democracy and Governance.
This position will be based in Burlington, Vermont.
- Provide oversight to major proposal and project recruitment efforts, assessing challenges and guiding problem-solving efforts.
- Assist hiring managers to develop job descriptions and staffing strategies to ensure effective hiring decisions in line with proposal or project needs, objectives, and deadlines.
- Advise proposal and project teams throughout the candidate selection process, including the initial shortlisting of candidates and objective assessments of finalist candidates against position descriptions, required qualifications, and appropriateness for the overall team.
- Assume direct responsibility for the recruitment of key personnel for complex, high-value proposals or projects.
- Train, mentor and supervise Contract Staffing Specialists within the International Consulting Services team.
- Provide hands-on mentoring firm-wide in recruitment methods, including consultant reconnaissance and identification, communication with consultants, candidate evaluation, reference checking and document preparation, candidate presentation, and other recruitment-related tasks.
- Provide in-country recruitment support for proposal preparation or project mobilization.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development or a field related to one of the firm’s practice areas, Human Resources, Business, Marketing or Communications required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience providing staffing support for international development proposals and projects, and a thorough understanding of client staffing rules and regulations.
- Proven ability to source candidates under challenging recruitment conditions and to identify local talent in low resource settings through established methodologies and talent networks specific to the international development services industry.
- Strong network of technical contacts across the various service areas within the international development services industry.
- Direct supervisory experience, preferably for staff focused on recruitment functions.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, including clear and concise oral and written communication, effective communication with candidates at all levels, the ability to influence and strategically partner with internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to independently evaluate information, resources and knowledge to effectively solve complex operational problems with a high level of integrity and good judgment.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to develop and maintain effective data and information management systems.
- Proficiency with MS-Office applications and demonstrated experience with recruitment and social media tools.
- Proficiency in additional foreign languages strongly preferred, especially French and/or Spanish.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- Reference List
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://ow.ly/2e9k30kPVfz
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.