Short-Term Activities Manager
Scope Global - Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and international education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities.
Australia Awards South and West Asia is managed by the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and is administered by Scope Global. It is a multi-country program with its central hub in Sri Lanka and service delivery offices in five other countries. In-Australia elements of the Program are delivered out of Scope Global’s Head Office in Adelaide.
Australia Awards are provided to build the skills and knowledge of individuals so that they can contribute to their country’s development, and to support the ongoing development of links between Australia and the countries to which it provides aid. The Australia Awards are an important part of the Australian Government’s focus on public and economic diplomacy, and provide long term Scholarships, Short Course Awards and other training opportunities.
An opportunity has arisen for a Short-Term Activities Manager (STAM) to join the Scope Australia Awards and South West Asia Team, based in our Adelaide Office.
The STAM reports to the Deputy Team Leader (based in Sri Lanka) and is responsible for:
• Managing a small team engaged in the delivery of the in-Australia elements and providing technical leadership to country teams in the identification, development and implementation of Australia Awards short-term activities.
• Providing flexible and responsive advice to country programs in managing demand-driven Short Course Awards and Informal Learning Opportunities.
• Providing editorial and coordination support to Country Program Managers in the preparation of required documentation.
• Keeping the Program informed about relevant courses, providers and developments in Australia as well as good practices in capacity development.
• Overseeing the implementation of activities in Afghanistan, covering alumni engagement, short courses and informal learning opportunities.
This role is initially offered on a full time, fixed term contract basis until 15 January 2020.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in education, training, or human resource development.
• Outstanding writing and editing skills, including the ability to self-edit and to edit documents produced by non-native English speakers.
• Strong knowledge of professional development, training and adult education and of Australian training providers
• Ability to design training and other professional development activities to a high level of detail suitable for procurement and sub-contracting and experience in managing sub-contractors.
• Demonstrated success in supporting partners and colleagues to identify training needs, consider a range of possible responses, and develop creative approaches to meeting those needs.
• Capacity to collaborate with providers and partners in the education and training sector to secure engagement with the Program.
• Proven ability to manage a small team and to implement a complex set of activities.
• Excellent negotiation, and collaboration skills.
• Ability to adapt and respond to changing circumstances (including client requirements), to multi-task and to work to tight deadlines.
• High ethical standards and a commitment to demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
• Friendly, positive culture
• Competitive salary based on skills and experience
Visit www.scopeglobal.com/work-with-us/current-job-opportunities to find out more about the role and to submit your online application by Thursday February 1st (upload cover letter and CV, and address the selection criteria listed on the system).
Please note that only applications submitted via our online system will be considered.
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities).