Staff Associate/Associate in Agriculture and Economic Growth sector
Tetra Tech ARD (https://tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Agriculture and Economic Growth (AEG) Sector as Staff Associate or Associate.
The AEG Sector leads Tetra Tech ARD’s international work in agriculture and private sector development, implementing projects and providing technical resources and solutions for new business development, program operations and other Tetra Tech sectors. The position will balance day-to-day home office backstopping of ongoing AEG programs, with support for new business development opportunities, as well as professional development to build technical skills in one or more of the following areas: agricultural value chain selection and upgrading, market systems development, access to finance, development of partnerships, and the design and implementation of strategies to improve food security, address poverty, and stimulate job creation.
This position is supervised by the AEG Sector Director and can be based in Burlington, Vermont, or Arlington, Virginia.
- Contribute to strategies for sustainable agriculture development and economic growth that integrate food security, nutrition and income generation;
- Contribute to marketing activities and new business development, including conducting scoping trips, identifying new partners and/or clients, and innovative approaches to development challenges;
- Assist in all aspects of proposal preparation: technical approach, staff identification, work plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others;
- Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity;
- Support all aspects of project management and contract compliance from start up to close out, as well as client communications; and
- Assist Sector Director in general market analysis for the sector, among other tasks, as directed.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in agriculture, economic development, business management, or related field;
- Prior experience in technical assistance programming in developing and transitioning countries;
- One to three years of relevant experience in a developing country is desired (service in a volunteer program is relevant);
- Strong knowledge of international donor projects and/or USAID-funded projects highly desired;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID and in particular activities in integrated development, Feed the Future, and market systems
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field - with strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
- Speaking and reading proficiency in at least one foreign language;
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player, strongly motivated and collaborative;
- Availability for 30-40% international travel;
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and familiarity with databases, and
* U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
- A current resume in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Application deadline is February 2, 2018
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2D86TYl
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability