Staff Associate/Associate for WASH
Staff Associate/Associate for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Burlington, VT or Arlington, VA
Tetra Tech ARD (https://tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector team as Staff Associate or Associate.
The WRI Sector assists governments, civil society organizations, and communities in developing countries to improve policies and practices essential to the provision of effective water resources management, water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and municipal infrastructure services programming. The successful candidate will have WRI-relevant experience and will work closely with the Sector Director on new business development and the administration and management of development projects.
The position can be based in Burlington, Vermont, or Arlington, Virginia.
- Backstop all aspects of WRI project(s), including start up through close out: coordination with headquarters staff on logistics, procurement, budgets, and travel; project budget development and management; recruiting and onboarding technical consultants/personnel; collaborating with local staff to build capacity; and monitoring work plan and deliverables to ensure contract compliance;
- Contribute to marketing activities and new business development, including conducting scoping trips, identifying new partners and/or clients, and innovative approaches to development challenges;
- Assist in all aspects of proposal preparation: technical approach, staff identification, work plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others;
- Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity;
- Support external communications and learning efforts within the sector team.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
- Advanced degree in a sector-relevant technical discipline;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the WASH sector, preferably with at least two years of overseas experience in developing countries, with strong client, supervisor and peer recommendations;
- Experience in project management and implementation of USAID WASH programs;
- Experience providing high quality analytical and technical support to WASH programs;
- High levels of professionalism and collegiality across cultures, hierarchies, and roles;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills;
- Strong written communications skills and high level of attention to detail to written product required;
- Capacity to synthesize high volumes of information into key messages and to various audiences;
- Strong proficiency in Spanish, French and/or Arabic is highly preferred;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on concurrent projects with poise;
- MS Office suite proficiency and familiarity with databases; and
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
- A current resume in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
- A writing sample of sole authorship, maximum of 10 pages in length.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2ngffr5
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability