Standing Offer for Advisory and Support Services
The Philippines-Australia Public Financial Management for Infrastructure Program (PFM-I) is managed by Coffey on behalf of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The PFM-I works with Philippines Government agencies to help put in place the building blocks required to deliver the Government’s ambitious infrastructure development agenda. The strategic objectives are to:
- Support Department of Management (DBM) implement its budget reforms program;
- Support Department of Transport (DOTr) to improve infrastructure delivery by addressing major operational bottlenecks in the project cycle, and improving strategic alignment between policies, structure, processes and systems; and
- Strengthen interaction between oversight agencies and the infrastructure service delivery agencies.
The Philippines-Australia Public Financial Management for Infrastructure Program may, from time to time, require access to advisory and other support services in a range of areas, as outlined below.
The intention of the EOI is that successfully assessed experts enter into Standing Offer Contracts with the intent to provide input if and as required under the PFM-I activity plan.
The STOAS EOI now welcomes applications for consideration throughout 2017 for planned activities through until June 2018.
Transport Policy Specialist
The Transport Policy Specialist will provide ad hoc advice on or analysis of issues in the Philippines transport sector.
- Experience in developing or advising on structural issues in the transport sector portfolio, including the separation of responsibility for regulatory and operational functions.
- Good understanding of corporate governance policy and practice with respect to Government Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCCs).
- Experience in project planning and project financial analysis, including a good understanding of the policies and processes for project development and approval, which may vary according to funding source.
- Good knowledge of key stakeholders in the transport sector, and of current issues in the sector.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively across multiple agencies relevant to the transport sector, such as Department of Transport (DOTr), Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), Department of Budget Management (DBM), and Department of Finance (DOF).
PFM-I is seeking Philippine National experts for consideration for the position of Transport Policy Specialist. Experts will have demonstrated experience in their chosen field, preferably in the Philippine context. Previous experience working in Philippine Government agencies is desirable with a collaborative and constructive approach to problem solving and providing relevant solutions. Effective communication skills, both verbal and written is essential.
This EOI is open until 5pm Manila time on Tuesday, 12 September 2017.
Please note that Coffey will only contact those applicants successful in progressing to the next stage of the selection process.
For further enquiries please contact email@example.com and reference PFM-I EOI STOAS in the subject heading.