Teacher Development Planning Specialist
- Opportunity to contribute to the education sector in Vanuatu
- Based in Port Vila, Vanuatu
- Duration: Up to 100 days in two or three inputs in 2017-8
The Vanuatu Education Support Program (VESP) is supporting the Government of Vanuatu’s goals of improving education quality, providing more equitable access to education and ensuring a well-managed education system. The program is currently focused on improving literacy and numeracy outcomes for children in the early years of primary education. VESP is supported by donor partners under a Joint Partnership Arrangement between the Governments of Vanuatu, Australia and New Zealand.
Coffey through VESP is seeking applications for the position of Teacher Development Planning Specialist to join this program.
The primary purpose of the assignment is to assist the Ministry of Education and Training to adopt a guiding framework for a National Teacher Development Plan (NTDP) and to bring together the different components of a National Teacher Development Plan as a pillar of the Vanuatu Education and Training Sector Strategy (VETSS). The Specialist shall provide high level advice and mentoring to the senior management of the Ministry through the National Teacher Development Plan working group.
The Specialist will assist the NTDP Working Group to:
- Facilitate a collaborative process that engages all relevant agencies, training bodies, education authorities to prepare the guiding framework and a draft National Teacher Development Plan for wide consultation
- Conduct analysis of potential costs of upgrading current teacher workforce and future projections
- Analyse the available data and policy parameters to develop a solid justification for the upgrading strategy and seek appropriate ministerial and government approvals and funding commitments to proceed with the process
- Develop the implementation strategy with progress indicators for the plan to be rolled out at provincial levels
- Commence implementation of the plan in one province
- Ensure that the plan includes a focus on understanding how gender equality, disability and social inclusion perspectives need to be considered in providing training for teachers
We are seeking applicants with tertiary qualifications in education planning, teacher development and training or in a relevant field. A relevant post graduate qualification is highly desirable. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in development and implementation of manageable teacher development plans including flexible training options, preferably in a highly dispersed environment with limited resources. Demonstrated experience of working in teams and mentoring and coaching professional colleagues from different social and cultural backgrounds is essential as well as work experience in the Pacific or another developing country. You will have demonstrated experience in writing user-friendly reports for clients and stakeholders and be proficient in oral and written English. An understanding of the Vanuatu and/or other Pacific contexts is desirable.
This position is Category B, Level 3 under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit https://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework.pdf for more details.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 495452
Applications close 5.00pm (Port Vila time) 11th August 2017
For further enquiries please contact: email@example.com