Team Leader and Country Directors
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and education programs throughout the Asia-Pacific.
We are seeking expressions of interest for a Program Director/Team Leader and Country Directors for the anticipated DFAT funded Australia Pacific Training Coalition Stage 3 (APTC3). Candidates should have a demonstrated successful track record of working in the Pacific region.
The purpose of APTC3 is to ensure the skills and attributes available to employers from TVET systems align with labour market requirements in the Pacific, with a goal of a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce enhancing Pacific prosperity. The end of program outcomes are threefold:
- Graduates have improved employment outcomes
- Co-investment in skills training increases
- Selected TVET partners demonstrate quality TVET provision
Program Director/Team Leader
Based in Suva, Fiji on a fulltime, long term basis, the Program Director/Team Leader will be the strategic head of the program, responsible for the overall leadership, implementation and management of APTC3. Particular focus will be on strategic planning, partnership brokering, systems reform and change management, and timely and quality program delivery. He/she will also manage the client relationship with DFAT and lead the program team across the region. APTC currently has more than 150 staff across 5 locations and an anticipated budget over 4-5 years of more than A$120 million.
To be considered as a Program Director/Team Leader we are looking for the following:
- A relevant postgraduate qualification
- At least 15 years’ experience in international development
- Strong experience in the Pacific region and demonstrated understanding of its cultures
- Successful track record of leading the delivery of large, complex DFAT programs
- Transformational leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and think and work politically
Country Directors (5)Country Directors will be based in Fiji, PNG, Solomon Islands, Samoa and Vanuatu. They will operationalise and report on contract requirements, lead the delivery of Australian qualifications, support a coordinated approach to Australia’s engagement with industry, and lead coalitions addressing country level TVET reform and development issues.
To be considered as a Country Director we are looking for the following:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- At least 10 years’ experience in international development and/or TVET
- Experience living and working in the Pacific region, preferably in one of the specified countries
- Successful track record of delivering and reporting on DFAT programs
- Strong communication skills and ability to negotiate and influence
It is recommended that applicants read the APTC3 Investment Design Document accessible at the link provided above, to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the background and nature of these positions.
To submit your expression of interest, please upload your CV at http://www.scopeglobal.com/careers/current-job-opportunities/ by Sunday 5th November.
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage Pacific Island nationals to apply. Applicants will need to comply with our Corporate Policies including Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and undergo a National Police Clearance.