Team Leader Skills for Employment Program/Director Kiribati Institute of Technology
Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and international education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities
Our key clients include the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and Department of Education and Training, national and sub-national governments in other Asia-Pacific countries, the Asian Development Bank and various universities and educational institutions.
The Kiribati Facility is a key investment of the Australian government in Kiribati, comprising of the Skills for Employment Program (SfEP) and the Flexible Support Facility. The SfEP will support the development of a capable, qualified and mobile I-Kiribati workforce, and consolidates progress already made through the past investment in skills development in Kiribati. SfEP will focus on developing the Kiribati Institute of Technology (KIT) as a demand-driven training provider catering for domestic, regional and international labour markets and aligning the source, level and rigour of qualifications accordingly.
The Team Leader SfEP / Director KIT is accountable for providing strategic leadership and direction for the SfEP and KIT to ensure all end of program outcomes are achieved. This is a dual role that requires carefully blending the operational management of KIT with the broader strategic planning and oversight of several program components, to shape KIT into a high performing training facility and improve the employment outcomes of KIT graduates.
The position will be a key enabler for supporting the information needs of DFAT, the Government of Kiribati (GoK), Scope Global, and other stakeholders by acting as a hub of information and exchange and facilitating clear and timely communication between all parties. The Team Leader SfEP / Director KIT will collaborate and develop strategic alliances with Local, Regional and International stakeholders to successfully progress training pathways and labour mobility.
It will be incumbent upon the Team Leader SfEP / Director KIT to integrate all aspects of the program and as such, requires strong project management, communication, capacity building, and organisational development skills.
This Long Term Adviser (ARF C3) position will be based in Tarawa, Kiribati and will be engaged on a fixed-term contract until March 2020.
The successful candidate will have:
• Exceptional skills in effective communication and collaboration with stakeholders from many different perspectives, including DFAT and partner governments
• Demonstrated experience working in senior level management within a Training Organisation
• Demonstrated capacity to manage staff and build teams across multiple locations, cultures and language groups, working respectfully and in a way that builds staff capacity, commitment, ownership and performance
• Experience leading complex projects, within the context of the development field
• Proven capacity to develop, manage and oversee significant budgets
• Ability to adapt and respond to changing circumstances
• Demonstrated understanding of development and developing country contexts
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to negotiate with a variety of different people and to communicate complex issues in plain language
• Proven ability to live and work effectively in cross-cultural contexts
For the full terms of reference and to submit your application, please visit www.scopeglobal.com/work-with-us/current-job-opportunities. You will need to upload your covering letter, CV, and address each of the selected essential Job and Person Specification criteria (100-200 words per criteria) listed on the online portal by Wednesday 31st January 2018. Please note that, to be eligible for consideration, you must apply directly through the Scope website using the above link.
For more information about Scope Global, please visit our website www.scopeglobal.com
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will need to comply with our Corporate Policies including Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and undergo a National Police Clearance.