Team Leader (Tonga Skills for Inclusive Economic Growth)
Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities.
Tonga Skills for Inclusive Economic Growth (Tonga Skills) is a key investment of the Australian Government in Tonga. The goal of Tonga Skills is equitable access to quality based and demand driven skills development contributing to sustainable economic growth in Tonga. Tonga Skills seeks to achieve this goal through outputs and intermediate outcomes that lead to the End-of-Program Outcomes:
- Enabling national policy and quality assurance systems and procedures;
- Improved supply of inclusive, flexible, demand driven and quality assured skills development opportunities;
- Skills development activities supported by the Program are inclusive and good quality and deliver economic and other benefits and value for money.
About the opportunity:
The Team Leader Tonga Skills is responsible for strategic leadership and management of the Tonga Skills Program to ensure all end-of-program outcomes are achieved. The Team Leader is accountable for leading the program within a complex political economy and for the development of strong stakeholder relationships to leverage support and political buy-in to bring about skills sector reform in Tonga.
- Position reports to: Contractor Representative
- Location: Nuku’alofa with regular travel to other island districts and overseas as required
- Contract type: Long Term Adviser (ARF B4) commencing February 2019 until September 2021 (subject to ongoing funding).
For more information please view the job and person specification.
- Strategic leadership
- Operational management
- Human resource management
- Communication and innovation
- Annual planning, reporting, and program performance
- A degree in education, training or discipline relevant to the program.
- Demonstrated team leader experience managing a multi-functioning, multi-office team in a development program or similar context.
- Demonstrated experience in the skills development or VET sector with expertise supporting reform in the delivery of quality assured, demand-driven skills training delivery in a developing country context.
- Demonstrated expertise in ‘thinking and working politically’ in program leadership and management.
- Proven experience building strategic relationships and leveraging political buy-in to achieve tangible and sustainable development outcomes in a complex political environment.
- Strong financial skills including preparation and management of budgets, forecasting, financial control, financial reporting and achieving value for money.
- Demonstrated professional commitment to inclusive processes and experience in implementing gender and disability sensitive programs and activities.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated experience in using communications strategically for advocacy purposes.
- Experience working in Tonga, or another Pacific Island country is desirable.
What we offer:
- Friendly, positive, high performance organisational culture
- Meaningful, challenging, exciting work that makes a positive impact
- An organisation with personnel engaged across over 50 countries
- Diverse and inclusive workforce
Visit https://scopeglobal.bamboohr.com/jobs/ to find out more about the role and to submit your online application (upload cover letter and CV, and address the selection criteria listed on the system).
Applications will close Sunday 16th December. Please note that only applications submitted via our online system will be considered.
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for all employees, and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities).
Scope Global is a child safe organisation and will ask all applicants to undergo our child safe recruitment procedures. All employees and representatives must sign and agree to conform to the Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct as a condition of employment/engagement with the organisation.