Team Leader - WASH-FIN
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Team Leader candidates for the USAID/WASH-FIN program.
Tetra Tech is implementing the USAID funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) project in Mozambique aiming to close WASH Sector financing gaps. In Mozambique, the program will focus on improving WASH sector financing and service delivery through support to selected municipalities in leveraging additional financing through private capital and/or blended finance. WASH-FIN will further undertake knowledge management activities in Mozambique and engage stakeholders from the broader region. Towards this end, the project has a vacancy for a Team Leader for Mozambique to be based in either Maputo or a northern province on a fixed term contract.
The Mozambique Team Leader will be the main link with all partners, USAID | Mozambique, and the WASH-FIN team. The Mozambique Team Leader will be responsible for the performance of a wide range of program management activities and direct oversight for project administration and financial management, supervising directly full-time technical and administrative support staff, short-term consultants, and subcontractors providing intermittent technical assistance for project execution.
- Provide strategic leadership to the implementation of the WASH-FIN project in Mozambique. This will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Lead final conceptualization of scope activities in country in partnership with USAID | Mozambique Mission and other sector stakeholders
- Develop detailed workplan and budget to guide the implementation of the portfolio of country project activities.
- Develop Scopes of Work and budgets for specific technical activities to be undertaken by external local or international consultants, or project subcontractor(s), and manage the successful implementation of this work.
- Build strong implementation partnerships with USAID | Mozambique mission, sector stakeholders, peer development agencies and implementing partners, and other key sector players.
- Prepare weekly and quarterly activity reports and other intermittent reporting as required.
- Coordinate all project activities and ensure complementarity with other relevant programs financed by both USAID and other partners.
- Supervise directly full-time technical and administrative support staff, and local and international consultants hired and contracted for the project.
- Liaise with Open Capital Advisors, the project’s Nairobi-based subcontractor on relevant project activities.
- Carry out other specific duties and tasks as may be assigned within identified competencies.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple ongoing activities simultaneously
- Strong understanding of infrastructure development and finance (public and private), ideally within the water and sanitation sectors. Specific knowledge of infrastructure project finance and Public-Private Partnerships structuring and implementation preferred.
- Excellent ability to build strong relationship with sector stakeholders and other partners.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Strong technical writing skills, with the ability to write well-structured technical reports; excellent verbal communication skills.
- Professional-level fluency in spoken and written English and at least highly proficient spoken and written Portuguese.
- Qualifications and skills: Master’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or any other relevant degree.
- General professional experience: A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in urban infrastructure development, finance, regulation and/or service delivery, ideally with at least a portion of this experience built working in Mozambique
- Experience in finance, ideally in infrastructure, microfinance or SME development.
- Experience in management of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in working in a donor-funded environment.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter.
- CV in reverse chronological format (in English).
- List of at least three professional references (Please provide email and phone numbers).
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech IDS' ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://ow.ly/InZC30lP7XR
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is September 24, 2018. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.