Technical Specialists, FEWS NET (Famine Early Warning Systems Network)
Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Technical Specialists in multiple disciplines for a FEWS NET (Famine Early Warning Systems Network) Task Order. This Task Order is designed to deliver early warning of natural and political hazards to food stability, food insecurity, vulnerability to food insecurity, and famine to the US Government and USAID, and to national governments and regional, international, and non-governmental organizations. The project will be led by a headquarters office in the Washington D.C. area, and implemented with support from over 20 country and regional project offices located in Africa and Latin America, building capacity to forecast food security and relevant conditions in these regions.
These positions will be based in Arlington, Virginia.
- Opportunities within the following disciplines:
- Measuring Resilience
- Chronic Food Insecurity
- Markets & Trade
- Urban Food Security
- GIS and Mapping of Humanitarian Crises
- Minimum of a graduate degree in agriculture, economics, public policy, business administration, or a related field;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in field of study closely related to food security; at least 3 of those years abroad;
- Excellent collaboration and coordination skills required;
- Outstanding intercultural communications skills;
- Knowledge of USAID or other international donor rules and regulations;
- Fluency in English is required, and proficiency in French and/or Spanish preferred; and
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2ExGpo4
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.