Thought Leadership and Research Manager
Job Purpose and Background
The Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) has an exciting opportunity for a Thought Leadership and Research Manager to support the expansion of its technical work programme. This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark on the corporate reporting landscape.
The successful candidate will have a relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience, proven analytical and writing skills, possess the ability to solve complex technical challenges and be confident in managing parts of CDSB’s internationally renowned technical work programme.
CDSB is an international consortium of business and environmental NGOs. We are committed to advancing and aligning the global mainstream corporate reporting model to equate natural capital with financial capital. We do this by offering companies a framework for reporting environmental information with the same rigour as financial information. In turn, this helps them to provide investors with decision-useful environmental information via the mainstream corporate report, enhancing the efficient allocation of capital. Regulators also benefit from compliance-ready materials.
CDSB is an international award-winning initiative and this position in the global Secretariat provides the successful candidate with a platform for thought leadership and the opportunity to be at the forefront of the development of global non-financial reporting.
Reporting to CDSB’s Technical Director and working closely with CDSB’s Technical Working Group, the successful candidate will manage elements of CDSB’s technical work across a range of international projects and will support the management of crucial stakeholder relationships within the corporate reporting landscape.
The role requires collaboration with leading national and international policymakers, international businesses, institutional investors, the accountancy industry, NGOs and academics. This role will provide you with valuable experience across a broad range of international initiatives such as the IIRC, TCFD, the EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive and stock exchange listing requirements.
- Coordinate and manage elements of CDSB’s Technical work, such as managing and supporting the delivery of technical research projects, technical updates to CDSB’s frameworks and other guidance documents, as well as responses to public consultations and engagement with international working groups;
- Support the Technical Director in the development of thought leadership and conduct associated technical research;
- Manage elements of CDSB’s day-to-day engagement with external stakeholders in the development of partner-led technical work;
- Support the Technical Director in the management of CDSB’s Technical Working Group and its activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant professional qualification or 4 years’ working experience in two or more of the following disciplines: financial management, accounting and reporting, corporate governance, assurance, environmental reporting, technical writing, law, policymaking, investment, research;
- Good understanding of how policy is agreed and how legislation is developed, including at national and international (e.g. EU and G20) level;
- Strong English language oral and written skills;
- Proven analytical skills;
- The ability to communicate and liaise with a wide range of audiences;
- An understanding of integrated reporting, the changing environmental trends and policies that affect companies, including wider business and societal impacts;
- A team player, who can work in collaboration, and is enthusiastic and supportive;
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the missions of CDSB and CDP; and permission to work in the UK: CDP cannot assist with work permits or other immigration requirements.
Start date: ASAP.
Benefits: Competitive NGO salary [£35k-£40k], flexible working, initial 24 days’ holiday rising to 30 days over time, pension provision up to 8% of salary after 3 months’ employment, central London location.
To apply for this position please submit your CV/resume to email@example.com with “Application for Thought Leadership and Research Manager” in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: 12 noon GMT Monday 22 January 2018.
Interviews will be scheduled late January/early February 2018.