Eldis 20th Anniversary Workshop: Learning from 20 years of digital knowledge sharing
More than 50 participants gathered at IDS on 15th and 16th September for our 20th Anniversary workshop.
"From dial-up to the data revolution: Learning from 20 years of digital knowledge sharing for global development. "
The event was a celebration of our 20 years as an online knowledge sharing platform but also a space for us to bring together colleagues to reflect on the key lessons from that 20 years and to examine the challenges and opportunities for our sector moving forward.
Watch the presentations from the event on this YouTube playlist.
The participants were made up of a broad mix of knowledge brokers, communications professionals, librarians and researchers with a great line-up of speakers including:
- Allam Ahmed - Senior Lecturer, Social Policy Research Unit (SPRU)
- Chris Addison - Senior Programme Coordinator, Knowledge Management, CTA (Virtual presentation!)
- Geoff Barnard - Knowledge Management Strategy Advisor, CDKN
- Melissa Leach - Director, IDS
- Mike Powell - IKM Emergent
- Neil Pakenham-Walsh - DGroups Foundation
- Nick Ishmael Perkins - Director, SciDev.Net
- Rachel Phillipson - Mott MacDonald, lead author of DFID Portal Evaluation
- Rob Cartridge - Head of Global Knowledge, Practical Action
- Ruth Bottomley - Senior Programme Manager for Research Development & Support, INASP
- Sarah Cummings - Independent Consultant
- Williams Nwagwu - CODESRIA