Launch of new gender and social movements resource
Across the world there are active social movements demanding an end to gendered injustice in all domains of our social, economic, political and cultural lives. But activists still encounter strong resistance to changing gendered politics and practices within movements and allied organisations.
This new website from our colleagues at BRIDGE marks the culmination of their latest Cutting Edge Programme on Gender and Social Movements. Over the last three years, this collaborative and innovative programme has been working to inspire and help build more effective, gender-just social movements that are better equipped to create positive transformation and equality for all.
Watch a video introduction by Cutting Edge Pack author Jessica Horn.
As well as the full BRIDGE Cutting Edge Pack report, the website also offers a range of extra multimedia materials on the topic of gender and social movements.
Visit the site to:
- Download the gender and social movements overview report in full or in sections
- Access a range of additional supporting resources on the topic
- Read case studies written by activists and social movements scholars worldwide
- Watch videos on gender and social movements
- View photo slideshows on social movements around the world
- Connect and share with others interested in this topic
Respond to what you find, and join the debate
The BRIDGE team is keen to hear your views on this new method of presenting Cutting Edge Packs. Contact them through the gender and social movements website, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or via Twitter: @BRIDGE_IDS, #cepgsm
A range of useful documents and resources brought together by the programme are also available on Eldis. You can browse these below...