The International Water Academy
The International Water Academy aims to foster the existence of a community of experts with the purpose of aiding in management and use of water for the benefit of all humankind. Programme activities are designed to facilitate the involvement of the Academy members in water conflict resolution and in the training of water conflict management. Through these activities, the Academy will also strengthen its link with industrial and institutional partners.
Work priorities for the Academy in 2004-2005 have been:
- to increase the involvement of the Academy members in water conflict resolution and in training of water conflict management
- to strengthen the link with industrial and institutional partners
- to internationalise the Academy by creating nodes and a structure of regional connections among members
- to internationalise the Board of Trustees of the Academy
- to strengthen the financial basis of the Academy
- to improve the information flow about the work of the Academy.
The Academy's website includes information on vision and values, work plan, operational activities, articles, projects, and news.