Advertisement for a Programs Associate (Full-Time Position)
- Cover letter
- Salary History
- At least three examples of your previous work (either as e-mail attachments or hyperlinks) including, but not limited to, project reports, concept notes, and grant proposals.
Submit all application packages electronically to email@example.com, with the subject line:
Programs Associate Application
The AMAR International Charitable Foundation in the United States of America (AMAR U.S.) is recruiting for a new Programs Associate position at our Washington, D.C. office.
This exciting opportunity is for a full-time staff member to join our growing team to assist the Programs Officer in managing key programs and development initiatives. Please see overleaf for key responsibilities of the position and skills required.
AMAR U.S. was founded in 2010 as the American affiliate of the AMAR International Charitable Foundation, an award-winning British charity that has worked in the Middle East since 1991, building and improving the lives and livelihoods of some of the world’s poorest and most disadvantaged people. AMAR was named the International Aid and Development Charity of the year in 2014 at the UK National Charity Awards.
Today AMAR is providing health care, education, human rights, empowerment and vocational training to over 500,000 people in the most disadvantaged areas of Iraq and Lebanon. Our Emergency Refugee Response to assist those displaced by ISIS has gathered international media attention, and in late 2015 AMAR was recommended as a top charity through which to help Iraqi and Syrian refugees by the CNN Freedom Project.
The Programs Associate will primarily support the Programs Officer in the day-to-day management of AMAR U.S. projects and development of new program proposals, but will support all aspects of AMAR U.S.' work as we continue to establish organizationally in the U.S. and develop our presence in the Washington D.C. non-governmental community.
Responsibilities will be varied and will include:
Skills and Experience:
- Project Management and reporting;
- Budgeting and financial reporting;
- Grant Writing targeted at Governmental and intergovernmental donors;
- Grant writing targeted at Foundation, corporate and individual donors;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Development of foundation, corporate and individual donors;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking;
- High level of proficiency with IT generally and the Microsoft Office package, in particular Excel.
Familiarity of the following are not necessary, but a plus: